Piper

Bernt

I am wondering if Piper speaks in a dialect that can be - more or less- pinpointed. Cait is Irish - no doubt about it. But I am not american so I cannot figure out if Pipers dialect is just a normal New England accent. Or maybe nothing specific.

She has a General American accent. This refers to the spectrum of ‘standard’ English spoken by newscasters, TV actors, and a large percentage of middle-class Americans.

It's not a New England accent. Most (or all?) of the generic settlers do have a New England accent though.

I always thought Cait was more American Irish than UK Irish. Though living in the Mohave I don't exactly meet a lot of Irish immigrants, so I could be dead wrong on this. Accents aren't my thing.

Piper could be placed anywhere from east coast to west coast without standing out too much in the way she talks. There is nothing predominantly Boston or New England about the way she talks. Could just as easily be from California.

Thanks a lot. I looked up her voice actress and she's a Californian - LA born. But I know that she could've put on a certain dialect for the role. I'm going to use this for my fanfic whenever Joe gets to Daimond City :smile:

One item of note is that Piper pronounces "Quincy" "Quinzy," which only a couple of other NPCs (including Preston Garvey) do. I'm assuming that is an accurate representation of how it is actually pronounced.

Of course, I have a suspicion that Piper or her family hails from a quaint, coastal Massachusetts town called Innsmouth. Something about that broad mouth of hers... =^[.]~=

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=innsmouth+look&id=DAEA6144D44F43262205166E47069A5420E709B5&FORM=IQFRBA

One item of note is that Piper pronounces "Quincy" "Quinzy," which only a couple of other NPCs (including Preston Garvey) do. I'm assuming that is an accurate representation of how it is actually pronounced.

Of course, I have a suspicion that Piper or her family hails from a quaint, coastal Massachusetts town called Innsmouth. Something about that broad mouth of hers... =^[.]~=

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=innsmouth+look&id=DAEA6144D44F43262205166E47069A5420E709B5&FORM=IQFRBA

Pipers got them DSL.

:ninja:

Bring back the berserker warriors. I was watching a history thing and there was a story about a berserker that outdid Sparta's 300. Those guys at least had 299 buddies. The berserker held a bridge by himself against an entire army. Like the Spartans he was felled but he did buy time for his comrades and earned his place in Valhalla.

As for Piper. She sounds like a yankee to me eh?

Ah, yes, the Battle Of Stamford Bridge. According to the Anglo-Saxon chronicle, the dude supposedly felled 40 Anglo-Saxons single-handedly, and the only way to kill him was to get some guys in a boat and skewer him with a spear thrust upwards from under the bridge. Which gave the Norse the time to assemble in a defensive formation. They still lost the battle, but darn, that dude was awesome.

Funny thought is, without that dude giving the Norwegians the time to assemble, Harold Godwinson might have brought more army down to Hastings. And we might be having this conversation in Saxon instead of English :tongue:

I guess it does illustrate that some people CAN be the kind of super-soldier and have the kind of impact the PC has in Fallout 4...

Though, in the one man arny category, I submit Musashibō Benkei as an even badder mother ****er. The dude held an army even after he was dead. At the assault of castle Koromogawa no tate, Benkei stood in front of the door to the keep, past the narrow bridge to the keep, and proclaimed that none shall pass. At which the attackers did what the 12'th century Japanese did best, namely all archers shot at him until they were out of ammo, and he still stood. Then they noticed that IIRC they had nailed him to the door with the arrows :tongue:

What makes it even crazier is that he wasn't trying to win the battle, which was already clearly lost. He just wanted to give his lord time to honourably commit seppuku in the keep, rather than be captured.