Fallout 4 1.4.124 Beta Update is on!

Boombro

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not having any issues with this update at least not so far. I did notice one thing it fixed for me and that was an issue with ambient sounds. My ambient sounds were cutting in and out especially when I moved which really became aggravating. I like to play with no music but doing so really enhanced the ambient sound issue so much so that I had to turn the background music back on to mask the ambient sound issue. But with this update it seems to now be fixed so I can again play without any background music.

Anyone any noticed incompatibility with any of the big mods on Nexus so far?

Just one that I've come across, Legendary Modification - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?

Now shows only a small amount of items that can be crafted.

Still going through the various mods one at a time wondering if it's an Armor Keywords thing or the legendary mod as some mods are behaving like stand alone, using their own categories now when they were Armor Keywords friendly before this beta patch.

Actually, it didn't reduce the amount of items.

It did what a patch for the Legendary Mod was supposed to do and made Armor Keywords Community Resource work fully.

Now each item instead of showing multiple pages, it shows heading categories and each item under those categories. So in reality, by removing a patch (LegendaryModification2LMAKPatch.esp) for the mod that was to enable it to use AKCR, it now defaults and uses AWKCR. Go figure.

Note: The mod was last updated in Dec and used Armor Keywords, not Armor and Weapons Keywords which is the current.

Edited by GrumpGamey91

I've also seen on other threads and comments that they optimized scripts as well, could result in issues with any scripted mods and especially the FO4SE.

FO4SE team(?) is chill and I'm sure they already updated it to work with beta. Check the site.

When 1.3 dropped. I waited an hour, then boom. The FO4SE is already updated.

F4SE is already updated for the new Beta. If you have custom F4SE controlmap.txt you need to add two lines to the end and, if you have an older mod that has a workshop.swf it will need to be updated or you'll get a CTD when trying to enter workshop mode.

edit: not sure what the two lines do in the customcontrolmap.txt yet but these lines have been added.

225 RotateLeft 0x41 0xff 0xff 0 0 0 0x8
226 RotateRight 0x44 0xff 0xff 0 0 0 0x8
I do know that 0x41 is "A" and 0x44 is "D". I assume they rotate something but haven't seen what it does yet.
Edit,Edit: Customcontrolmap.txt does come with F4SE but is not used unless your using it in Data/F4SE and is used for custom keybindings.
Edited by chucksteel

Saving and fast travel are my two, big issues with the new Survival Mode, and for similar reasons. Both are conveniences to prevent potentially serious frustration. I save to preserve hard work which could be lost to a glitch (something at which Bugthesda excels in providing), so tying saves to an arbitrary sleep requirement seems like making it harder to play, rather than to survive. Fast travel, especially in light of the increased respawn times, is simply a way to avoid unwanted drudgery, humping it across well-travelled and explored terrain for no good reason. Movies fade to black when there's nothing going on; fast travel is that fade to black.

Hopefully, this mode will be modified to provide the option to select elements, rather than having to take all of it in one, big chunk. ='[.]'=

Actually I find Fast Travel not really legit in Fallout4 since you can actually use some fast Travel related to the story (

vertibird and/or institute

).

So using the standard ("map") fast Travel kinda breaks this whole aspect of the game.

Fast travel "not legit?" It's a game conceit, not an immersive element. I fast travel when I'm not exploring, especially when I've already been over the same, gorramed roads between two points over and over and over again. As for the faction-based alternatives you cite, not everyone will be using those. At any rate, conventional fast travel doesn't assume teleportation; it assumes that your character is walking, but saves you having to waste the time as a player. If I wanted to play a walking sim, that'd be fine. I have better things to do. ='[.]'=

what about "The Immersion" didn't anyone think about "The Immersion?" or was that "The Children"?

On a serious note I do like to limit myself to not be able to fast travel from inside of towns but it's a personal Pref and shouldn't be forced on anyone. Example would be from the middle of Diamond City or the Strip in NV. I must exit the town before I fast travel.