File upload size limit increased to 1Gb (1024Mb)

Dark0ne

As video games get more advanced and the modding scene continues to mature the quality, quantity and size of mods grows with it.

Up until today the file size limit for file uploads has been 300Mb as this size was deemed appropriate for almost all modifications that weren't massive texture replacers. I think that situation has now changed. Bigger and more advanced modifications are released regularly now and in response to requests from various mod authors I've decided to up the file size limit to 1Gb, or 1024Mb, per file.

I've tested the system out with a 975Mb file that got uploaded without a hitch. If you experience any issues uploading large files let me know. Remember that upload speeds are generally much slower than your download speed and can take a very long time depending on your connection speed and how far you are from the main web servers (that are hosted in south-east England).

Please remember to properly compress your archives still so they take up as little space as possible.

Users of TESNexus: the hard-drive storing the mods for TESNexus is almost full to capacity. I have 3 new HDD's on their way that should arrive next week and be installed towards the end of the week. Please do any spring-cleaning on your files and remove any old files that are no longer necessary for your mod; your main file download counters will not be affected if you delete files from your page. Thank you!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yaaaay! :D

Nice one, Rob! ;)

This will be great for me when Skyrim comes out, and the Viking in me starts working on projects that can finally be finalized since I already have lots of resources from the vanilla game! :P

I recommend everyone to use 7zip to compress their files, as it compresses better than WinRAR, ALZip and ZipGenius! With big files, the size difference is quite a lot!

Edited by Zaldiir

This is nice, Morrowind to Oblivion content file size was a huge jump I think Bethsoft said like a 6:1 ratio(I think more can't remember.). Skyrim I presume will be 3:1 or 4:1 ratio jump. So this is definitely a nice add-on if you would call it to think site. Thank you again, Dark0ne. Or Mr. Scott, Rob whichever you prefer.

Great news, thank you! I can have my mod in one file, that will be so much easier.

This is great news. It would be nice, now, to see some of the big overhauls that otherwise have to be downloaded off-site be hosted at the Nexus as well.