So many radiostation mods out there...

Klipperken

... but not a SINGLE decent one.
How come, I wonder?

I mean the setting of FO4 does not call for the stuff their playing, if I had the chance, I'd kill each jocky, just to get rid of the crap.

Think: instead of say Radio Diamond City crap, they'd be playing for instance Bolt Thrower, or Deicide, Morbid Angel, you name it.

To me, that'd be FAR more immersive than the stuff they're playing right now.

GOD I hate the radio stations.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well man I don't think they were jamming to Covenant in pre war 1950. Somehow I just don't see how death metal would fit the vibe of this game LOL.

I for one would have never played the Fallout franchise if it were playing death metal or any other kind of modern type music.

It just seems so... unimaginative.

Retro futurism is fun.

Yeah, I actually just stopped using a mod that added a bunch of '50s era songs to Diamond City. Honestly I didn't like that they used The Wanderer as the "offical song" of the game (at least in the trailers) because it's just too well known of a song. The lyrics definitely fit the theme of the game but when that song comes on it just feels so much more modern than the other songs they've used up to this point, even though many of them were recorded around the same time.

There was a mod for FO3 that expanded GNR's track list, and that mod used a ton of older "nuclear era" songs that really nailed the feel of the game. I don't know why that mod hasn't been ported over yet (or maybe I've just not seen it?). It had over 100 songs if I remember right and even some old nuclear PSA recordings that were so perfect for the game.

Yeah, I actually just stopped using a mod that added a bunch of '50s era songs to Diamond City. Honestly I didn't like that they used The Wanderer as the "offical song" of the game (at least in the trailers) because it's just too well known of a song. The lyrics definitely fit the theme of the game but when that song comes on it just feels so much more modern than the other songs they've used up to this point, even though many of them were recorded around the same time.

There was a mod for FO3 that expanded GNR's track list, and that mod used a ton of older "nuclear era" songs that really nailed the feel of the game. I don't know why that mod hasn't been ported over yet (or maybe I've just not seen it?). It had over 100 songs if I remember right and even some old nuclear PSA recordings that were so perfect for the game.

Really? I super dig that song and it just feels right.

Edited by Boombro

I listen to a lot of 1930s and 40s music, so anything in Fallout seems 'modern' to me...

Really? I super dog that song and it just feels right.

I'm sure it's fine, I'm just really familiar with THAT song in particular. I grew up listening to oldies and that song is still pretty popular, whereas you'll never hear Atom Bomb Baby or Set The World On Fire these days on an oldies radio station. Not knowing the songs adds to the immersion for me.