ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

So many radiostation mods out there...

Klipperken

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a great ambient horror eletronic radio for FO3 and FNV on the nexus that would work for FO4 much better if you want something that really adds to the feeling of the game.

Did you try turning off the music? The game is a bit more scary and immersive when music is on.

You really think that say Raiders would not make their own music, or music in general simply stopped in the 50's?

Further on: what better sound than say Crebain's Cold Black Heart, or slayer's Exile, to whack some heads? :P

Aside, metal calms me.
And I like calm... :D

As I wrote on Slayer's Exile on YouTube: This stuff is so soothing to me, it brightens up my entire day.

You really think that say Raiders would not make their own music, or music in general simply stopped in the 50's?

Further on: what better sound than say Crebain's Cold Black Heart, or slayer's Exile, to whack some heads? :tongue:

Aside, metal calms me.

As I wrote on Slayer's Exile on YouTube: This stuff is so soothing to me, it brightens up my entire day.

Actually that's exactly what happened. Everything stopped progressing, why else do you think everything else is so '50s styled?

Well, at least up until 2077 or whenever the bombs dropped, but that's a solid 100+ years. I think it's safe to assume that if nobody gave a damn to make new music for 120 years, then nobody gives a damn now while they're in a wasteland full of everything that's trying to kill them. Seems like even the technology to have a radio station to begin with is a rare commodity, or else there would be more than 2 station options, and we wouldn't have had to slog across the wasteland to get a satellite dish for Three Dog.

But, who knows. Maybe you're right. Maybe the Raiders are so ridiculously bored that they went out and scoured the wasteland looking for music instruments...which come to think of it I haven't seen a single musical instrument in this entire series besides the harmonica and the Soil Stradivarius. No drums, no guitars, so if they were going to make music I would expect it to be very tribal in sound, definitely not double bass and blast beats and distorted guitars :laugh:

Now, vocal wise, oh yeah absolutely. I could see them making a drum out of an old cooking pot with human skin stretched over it, beating it with a rib bone and gargling some George Fisher vocals.

Edited by Evil D

Further on: what better sound than say Crebain's Cold Black Heart, or slayer's Exile, to whack some heads? :tongue:

Aside, metal calms me.

You cannot make mods with copyrighted music, period. Why this is so difficult for people to comprehend is beyond me. Nothing is stopping you from playing Slayer if you want to hear it, but bitching about the many well-done radio mods is not the proper way to go about getting what you want.

But, who knows. Maybe you're right. Maybe the Raiders are so ridiculously bored that they went out and scoured the wasteland looking for music instruments...which come to think of it I haven't seen a single musical instrument in this entire series besides the harmonica and the Soil Stradivarius. No drums, no guitars, so if they were going to make music I would expect it to be very tribal in sound, definitely not double bass and blast beats and distorted guitars :laugh:

Now, vocal wise, oh yeah absolutely. I could see them making a drum out of an old cooking pot with human skin stretched over it, beating it with a rib bone and gargling some George Fisher vocals.

I am surprised that raiders are even capable of putting on their own boots. They are good for nothing and would never be able to make music.

Though I am going to be making a hubcap banjo and maybe a few other instruments made from scrap. I'm writing some of my own music to go with it.

For one, electric guitars were around in the 30's.

Not ingame does not mean not existing.
"Tools" to make and record metal or punk are around, thank you very much.

"Everything stopped in the fifties", then why is there still life?
People, btw, will always create, no matter how bad things get.

For many it is a way to relief stress, or to cope with say depression.

Being stupid, btw, does not automatically mean you're artistic incompetent.

Look at Mozart. :P

For one, electric guitars were around in the 30's.

Not ingame does not mean not existing.

"Tools" to make and record metal or punk are around, thank you very much.

"Everything stopped in the fifties", then why is there still life?

People, btw, will always create, no matter how bad things get.

For many it is a way to relief stress, or to cope with say depression.

Being stupid, btw, does not automatically mean you're artistic incompetent.

Look at Mozart. :tongue:

I know my guitar history.

Most good guitar amps are made off of vacuum tube technology which is very common in the Fallout world.

But the music would not have evolved into what is modern day death metal. It would have evolved along a different path, being that there were no Beatles, Led Zeppeling, or Black Sabbath to push culture along the path that created metal.

Music made in the Fallout world would be retro-futuristic in nature, just like the rest of the world.

And no, not that electro-swing stuff. The Fallout world does not have computers capable of handling audio engineering software to do anything at all in the techno genera.

I'm attempting to make some new music for Fallout 4, played by some various npcs I create. But it is more along the lines of folk music, written by people with too little knowledge of music and too much time on their hands. My first song is called 'Banjo Swing' played on a hubcap banjo.