ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

I wonder.. is this really hardcore ?....

RelicDuDe

The thing is, they already do. re: The Very Easy through Very Hard Difficulty Setting.

You don't understand:

A gameplay coder has to take account that gameplay( damage, loot, scaling, traps, sneaking, noise, light levels, spells, carry weight, HP regen etc) would make sense in all those settings(very easy-very hard.) and make changes so the ones on very easy can still handle the game.

It doesn't make sense that while on very hard, traps hardly hurt, sneaking is op as hell, you can carry two full sets of HA etc.

If there was one setting, the gameplay would be much, much better.

Edited by Boombro

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the whole "It's a Bethesda game, it crashes to much for this feature"... I have played every Bethesda game since Oblivion, on several different PC setups, with varying levels of hardware relative to the games requirements, and with countless mods.. and have had maybe a handful of crashes that werent a direct result of a mod conflict or issue on my part.. I really think in general a lot of people having constant crashes either have driver issues stemming from a variety of reasons, or are trying to push their hardware too far, or something else...

Don't get me wrong, Bethesda games are full of bugs.. but I have very, very rarely seen any of them crash on me, even when using mod content...

Not trying to be a dick or elitest, either, I am just genuinely confused by it. I really think there is some user error here that prompts the crashes. Aside from mod issues, I don't think I have had a single crash on FO4 on 3 different PC's, that I can recall. Maybe 1?

*shrug*

Was running two 6970 cards when they released Skyrim and the game was utterly unplayable because not optimized for CrossFire... took ages until Bethesda sorted things out. Had to disconnect one card to be able to play the game...

As far as the topic goes: PC-players can always "quick-save" through console commands.

Its a nice feature that will get many people hyped...

Then people will discover that its a very heinously bad feature in the light of actively modding ones game.

I'm a bit amazed at how this has sparked a discussion at all as its just a very bad idea, I don't even have to put a thought into why....It should just have been obvious at its inception.

Please fire the guy that came up with this idea. He should not be working for a company that supports game modding as he doesn't understand basic concepts.

The end.

Well said, sir...

IMHO, we should start naked, with no more than a popato knife, or a bread knife, and find absolutely nothing but a jute bag of which we can make a chest cover (Hmmm, I smell RAMBO).

Once we reached say level 50, we find our very first pewpew.

That'd be hardcore I reckon? :tongue:

On Hardest mode ?... nah.. a cakewalk....

:laugh:

I was thinking a timed auto save is better for everyone, or one quick save only.

Looks this someone just made a mod for it. Here.

Brilliant.. i'm installing that instantly... thanks.