Waiting for ck?

Deleted809848User

If you want to build something simple, like a house, that's true. The wiki will cover building, simple scripts that are useful for that, etc. If you are interested in building something more complex, it will take more time to get the hang of it. The wiki generally only covers the basics, peer tutz may or may not be available for what you want to do and each editor has its own set of quirks that we only learn as we use it.

I guess we have different definitions of the word easy.

Oh, no, I expect it will be easy for you considering your experience. You shouldn't run into any significant problems learning the editor. It will be easy for experienced modders as well.

However, many players who want to get into modding have no previous experience in programming, game dev or design. For some of them it will be quite challenging to learn what will be trivially easy for you.

I don't want to discourage anyone, but someone with no or very little experience should expect to spend a fairly significant amount of time and effort to learn the editor, the scripting and how to implement something successfully into the game.

If you want to build something simple, like a house, that's true. The wiki will cover building, simple scripts that are useful for that, etc. If you are interested in building something more complex, it will take more time to get the hang of it. The wiki generally only covers the basics, peer tutz may or may not be available for what you want to do and each editor has its own set of quirks that we only learn as we use it.

I guess we have different definitions of the word easy.

Oh, no, I expect it will be easy for you considering your experience. You shouldn't run into any significant problems learning the editor. It will be easy for experienced modders as well.

However, many players who want to get into modding have no previous experience in programming, game dev or design. For some of them it will be quite challenging to learn what will be trivially easy for you.

I don't want to discourage anyone, but someone with no or very little experience should expect to spend a fairly significant amount of time and effort to learn the editor, the scripting and how to implement something successfully into the game.

I sometimes forget that learning C++ isn't part of your typical high school experience, at least not yet...

But I've worked with PoliteRaider before on his Arcade Machine project, so I have a lot of faith in his ability to pick the tools up without much problem. So I guess my statement refers more to him directly than my views of the entirety of people trying to learn to mod. If you haven't seen his work yet, it is quite good.

But I've worked with PoliteRaider before on his Arcade Machine project, so I have a lot of faith in his ability to pick the tools up without much problem. So I guess my statement refers more to him directly than my views of the entirety of people trying to learn to mod. If you haven't seen his work yet, it is quite good.

Oh, thanks for the kind words. That's really nice to hear on an otherwise miserable day.

I sometimes forget that learning C++ isn't part of your typical high school experience, at least not yet...

Quite a few of us went to school before computers were even a thing and those who did get edumacated learned in Basic. C++ to me is a lousy report card grade meaning you need to study more.

True.

Two weeks later, I still cant settle on my noob house layout.