Ad reporting functionality

Dark0ne

In response to post #35668992. #35669322 is also a reply to the same post.

536861646f57 wrote: Oh, and you can't limit Internet speed. Only the ISP can. Saying that "we will limit your speed to 1MB/s since you use adblock" is a blatant lie. I've gotten up to 5MB/s even though I use Adblock...Pathetic, really.
Terran537 wrote: They're saying that they'll only send 1 mb/s worth's of data from their servers to you. They're not going to tell your ISP to limit you (because they can't), they just won't send as much data.

We've been doing it pretty well for 8 or so years now... Edited by Dark0ne

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35663012.

BlueWarlord wrote: Well, it won't be popular, but you could always redirect the user into a 10 second add before downloading. I've seen other sites use that method...

Honestly, at $2, there's no excuse why any person on this site should not be a "supporter". If you've ever downloaded more than one mod, pay your $2! Remember the paperboy: "I want my 2 dollars! 2 dollars!"

this^

In response to post #35668992. #35669322, #35670387 are all replies on the same post.

536861646f57 wrote: Oh, and you can't limit Internet speed. Only the ISP can. Saying that "we will limit your speed to 1MB/s since you use adblock" is a blatant lie. I've gotten up to 5MB/s even though I use Adblock...Pathetic, really.
Terran537 wrote: They're saying that they'll only send 1 mb/s worth's of data from their servers to you. They're not going to tell your ISP to limit you (because they can't), they just won't send as much data.
Dark0ne wrote: We've been doing it pretty well for 8 or so years now...

Then how come when I use a program to monitor download speed it says that host "http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/" and "cdn.nexusmods.com" are sending at up to 5MB/s? Seems kinda fishy to me.

In response to post #35666937. #35669982 is also a reply to the same post.

boduke419 wrote: Over the past few days I have made frequent use of the report button. One ad in particular would play audio easily twice as loud as any other program on my pc with no option to mute (didn't even look like a fun game). It was to the point I couldn't leave mod pages open in 2nd tab without straining my speakers and patience. All of the other ads are mutable and unobtrusive which I don't mind.

That said, I'm glad to see your stance on the matter. I found the post to be very enlightening and well explained,also the transparency is appreciated. The site is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Dark0ne wrote: You're Premium so you shouldn't be seeing ads at all. What's going on there!?

Seems like your "Ad initiative" isn't working as planned.

In response to post #35666937. #35669982, #35670817 are all replies on the same post.

boduke419 wrote: Over the past few days I have made frequent use of the report button. One ad in particular would play audio easily twice as loud as any other program on my pc with no option to mute (didn't even look like a fun game). It was to the point I couldn't leave mod pages open in 2nd tab without straining my speakers and patience. All of the other ads are mutable and unobtrusive which I don't mind.

That said, I'm glad to see your stance on the matter. I found the post to be very enlightening and well explained,also the transparency is appreciated. The site is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Dark0ne wrote: You're Premium so you shouldn't be seeing ads at all. What's going on there!?
536861646f57 wrote: Seems like your "Ad initiative" isn't working as planned.

You seem quite hostile. Why so mad?

Seriously people, get a grip. Two (2) (Deux), (Zwei) dollars is pretty freaking cheap to get rid of ads. Even if you're 15 and living with your mom. This is an awesome site, run by good people, just get the supporter membership already!

In response to post #35668992. #35669322, #35670387, #35670777 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: We've been doing it pretty well for 8 or so years now...
536861646f57 wrote: Then how come when I use a program to monitor download speed it says that host "http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/" and "cdn.nexusmods.com" are sending at up to 5MB/s? Seems kinda fishy to me.

Maybe you're reading it wrong? :P