Ad reporting functionality

Dark0ne

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35625742. #35625947 is also a reply to the same post.

uhmattbravo wrote: Thank you. For a while, the ones that redirect to other sites were really getting out of hand.

As for the mobile friendly site that was mentioned, please don't limit functionality to achieve this. 99.9% of the time, I use my phone to browse and download from this site as it is. I even do my uploads from my phone.
Dark0ne wrote: If anything it will increase the functionality that works for you, or at least, make all the current functionality much easier to use. It won't limit anything.

Will there be an option to switch to the full site? people with large screens might find that preferable.

In response to post #35625577.

CreeperLava wrote: I usually use an AdBlock alternative (uBlock Origin), but I regularly set exceptions for websites that I wish to support (amongst which Nexus stands). I can only recommend other people do so too. The work you are doing to make ads less painful, just encourages me to continue :). You are doing an amazing job with a superb website !^^

Out of curiosity, is it really efficient to offer a life-long ad-free service for only 2$ ? Or do ads really generate so little that it still remains profitable for you ?

Edit : Just bought a supporter thingy^^.

Ads are one of those things that earn very little in small numbers, but when you're talking about millions of pageviews it starts to add up. The $2, or really $1.50 after the fees are taken from it, seems like a reasonable amount all around, and would be worth about 2,000 - 10,000 page views. Lots of users probably aren't going to view more than 2,000 pages on the site, but lots also do. So it's a middle-ground.

It also works on the premise of "if every user bought Supporter, then we'd have no need for ads at all".

In response to post #35625742. #35625947, #35626012 are all replies on the same post.

uhmattbravo wrote: Thank you. For a while, the ones that redirect to other sites were really getting out of hand.

As for the mobile friendly site that was mentioned, please don't limit functionality to achieve this. 99.9% of the time, I use my phone to browse and download from this site as it is. I even do my uploads from my phone.
Dark0ne wrote: If anything it will increase the functionality that works for you, or at least, make all the current functionality much easier to use. It won't limit anything.
jim_uk wrote: Will there be an option to switch to the full site? people with large screens might find that preferable.

Much like the forums? I should think so.

In response to post #35625832. #35625922 is also a reply to the same post.

ZengarZonvolt wrote: well im glad that being annoyed by the "make your dick bigger" ad is worth something now. because personally i feel adblocker are tacky, risky and iffy. and i love the site that much that i wouldnt even dare use adblock here. nor in any site mind you. anyways thanks for the 1.5mb/sec boost guys. it helps my meager internet service since internet services here in phillipines are not on par on other country. GG guys. keep up the good work on making nexus as awesome as ever.
Dark0ne wrote: Just to clarify, we hope to get that functionality implemented within the next couple of months, but it's not live yet. It's ready to launch, but we need to get our house in order first.

well even if it isnt yet online im glad you guys are awesome to give out free internet download speed for mods. i love modding my games if its here in nexus. just in time that im about to play new vegas again and im gonna need that speed boost to get some awesome mods like nevada and what not. GG nexus team. GG.

In response to post #35625577. #35626042 is also a reply to the same post.

CreeperLava wrote: I usually use an AdBlock alternative (uBlock Origin), but I regularly set exceptions for websites that I wish to support (amongst which Nexus stands). I can only recommend other people do so too. The work you are doing to make ads less painful, just encourages me to continue :). You are doing an amazing job with a superb website !^^

Out of curiosity, is it really efficient to offer a life-long ad-free service for only 2$ ? Or do ads really generate so little that it still remains profitable for you ?

Edit : Just bought the supporter thingy, so I suppose what I say above isn't really valid anymore^^.
Dark0ne wrote: Ads are one of those things that earn very little in small numbers, but when you're talking about millions of pageviews it starts to add up. The $2, or really $1.50 after the fees are taken from it, seems like a reasonable amount all around, and would be worth about 2,000 - 10,000 page views. Lots of users probably aren't going to view more than 2,000 pages on the site, but lots also do. So it's a middle-ground.

It also works on the premise of "if every user bought Supporter, then we'd have no need for ads at all".

Makes sense, thanks for the answer.

Good post on a sensitive topic. The server and internet costs are huge for this service. I work in IT and I still forget how expensive it is to host this stuff. And thanks for the site in general. You basically have "saved" a ton of mods for a ton of games because people know about them through this site.

EDIT: I just read elderlord's comment. I agree. Can we opt to turn them on?

Edited by me3deager

I have to admit...

The reason i use adblock is because the ads are making my browser's performance worse over time to the point where the browser stops responding altogether... :(

I want to let the ads play to help the site though but not if it freezes up my firefox...

If they are performance friendly i will turn my adblock off.

Edited by gameboytj

In response to post #35626632.

gameboytj wrote: I have to admit...
The reason i use adblock is because the ads are making my browser's performance worse over time to the point where the browser stops responding altogether... :(
I want to let the ads play to help the site though but not if it freezes up my firefox...
If they are performance friendly i will turn my adblock off.

i know right. my firefox sometimes shoots to 500mb ram usage. its practically chrome already but with a much much more stable environment but good lord does it lag my game as well. i usually play games and do youtube at the same time so there is something on the background rather than a silent droning noise.