Ad reporting functionality

Dark0ne

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35629537. #35629917 is also a reply to the same post.

kraag wrote: What if a Supporter or Premium member uses an adblocker? Can you detect this and will they still be tiered correctly?
Dark0ne wrote: Anything to do with Adblock is unrelated to Premium Members or Supporters.

Thanks very much, best of luck for the future.

I have Adblock, and I will admit that I even used it for this page while ignoring the site when it told me that I should turn them back on.

However, after reading this and taking a good luck at my own respect for the work put into this site, I decided to disable it. Thank you Nexus for everything you do, every game you host, every dream you make come true and every issue you solved for me. I am truly grateful and I support you completely.

If you have AdBlock and don't care about the preservation of this site, you should be ashamed. The modders and staff work so hard to give you this great service completely free of charge, and yet you decide to destroy their only source of income simply due to a minor annoyance that barely affects you in any way.

Well i use Avast to block Ads, does that count as using Ad block ? If so well i gotta stop it because i love Nexus man. ~ Thanks.

I have limited bandwidth during the day. So, adds that are movies that download with out my knowing hurt. Any add that is very big hurts. Try paying 10 dollars per gig of bandwidth and you will see why advertising is unwelcome. Welcome to satellite internet. It is the only thing available to many urban residents in U.S.A.

In response to post #35630162.

EnaiSiaion wrote: Ex-Premium member here. You are using a third party ad provider, so ads are not verified by humans and at some point a malicious ad will get served. That's how these things go.

I don't think I know of any website on the internet that hand-picks and verifies every single advert shown on the site. That's just not how the ad system works. Edited by Dark0ne

I'm sorry, but the auto playing video ads are really quite ridiculous. I have a powerful computer. I cant open up more than a few tabs or my browser starts locking up because every goddamn page is playing a video. You NEED to do something about this or that percentage of ad-blocker users is only going to increase. I remember having my ad-blocker on when initially using this site and seeing the message telling me I should support the site and leave it off. I thought, hell, this is a great place, of course I'll turn it off. Let's just say it did not stay off for long.

On the other hand, I do admit, It is quite cheap and something I'll probably pay for to remove ads or get membership to support your site. I REALLY love the nexus, but I can't speak for others who are only here to DL their mods and leave.

EDIT; My goodness man... I can't check out to pay for supporter. I've paid for a million things online yet my card doesn't work here.

EDIT2: It doesn't even take multiple tabs to start locking up the browser. One page opened up to the main F4 page and the scroll wheel doesn't want to respond anymore. You have more issues then just audio ads Dark0ne. Please look into this. I don't want to see this site leave us.

Edited by Swampfox92