Skyrim is a port for PC

Thelionheart

Hmm, well it seems to be official. Skyrim is a port for PC and according to the man who announced it it is "not that bad".

Source

I REALLY REALLY hope that this doesn't affect the PC version at all. Hopefully it will support dx11, at the very least dx10, and a UI for PC. However I see the chances of this happening being pretty slim at this point. Oh well, at least we have mods.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well it seems to be official. Skyrim is a port for PC and according to the man who announced it it is "not that bad".

Source

I REALLY REALLY hope that this doesn't affect the PC version at all. Hopefully it will support dx11, at the very least dx10, and a UI for PC. However I see the chances of this happening being pretty slim at this point. Oh well, at least we have mods.

And I was thinking of pre-ordering. Guessing at 11/11/11 midnight I'll be playing Morrowind.

Oh here we go again. Now we'll have half the Nexus rioting because it's an evil PC port.

Come on guys, this is ridiculous. Oblivion was a port and sow ere Mass Effect and Fallout 3, I don't see anyone complaining now! Yes, you're a bunch of PC gamers but you don't need to be such jerks to your console counterparts, I just finished Crysis 2, a blatantly consolified game for PC and enjoyed it hugely. Just because it's a port doesn't mean it's a bad game, and if you don't buy it because of some notion you're being a patriotic PC fan, then all you'll be doing is reducing the chance of ES-6.

I like holding the spell in the left hand while wielding the sword... wonderful for my Antamages... better yet empowering it with both hands ... "Haduken!"

Source

It looks like Oblivion to me. In other words, it looks like a six year old game. I hope it is a lot of fun because the graphics are straight up Pentium 4.

I really believe Beth tries to patch the PC version as "best" they can! Remember this - MODS! No matter how bad it is there is some super smart person that can fix it better than they, and they want that person to work for them! Just my reasoning.