Skyrim is a port for PC

Thelionheart

Note: Todd Howard once said of Oblivion in a BethBlog interview about mods that he couldn't play without the BTMod. So maybe we'll see a PC-specific menu set. Maybe not. The menus are really the only thing that is truly affected straight off from a port, that's not based on assumptions made by developers when they cater to the console market (Simplification, handholding, etc.)

Really only used etc. because I couldn't think of any more.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh here we go again. Now we'll have half the Nexus rioting because it's an evil PC port.

Come on guys, this is ridiculous. Oblivion was a port and sow ere Mass Effect and Fallout 3, I don't see anyone complaining now! Yes, you're a bunch of PC gamers but you don't need to be such jerks to your console counterparts, I just finished Crysis 2, a blatantly consolified game for PC and enjoyed it hugely. Just because it's a port doesn't mean it's a bad game, and if you don't buy it because of some notion you're being a patriotic PC fan, then all you'll be doing is reducing the chance of ES-6.

This. A million times this.

Pull yourselves together man! What are you, a bunch of whiny children?

I agree people are seriously overreacting here, dont let your pc gamer ego get the better of you, i think they will do just fine even if there might be some problems...there is nothing a modder cant fix, unless it's really something in the core of the game.

I hope this thread get's closed before the trolling and whining startt's :wallbash:

I don't care if it's a port, I just hope they optimize it enough.

I can run Witcher 2 on High, Hell Far Cry 2 almost maxed out and Oblivion maxed out with Quarl's texture pack which can lag here and there but that's all bearable.

Also, Crysis 2 was a blatant port from consoles, I managed to run it on max details so yeah...fingers crossed.

I actually hope they don't include dx11.

I've been following most of the Skyrim progress and have been all in for the PC version from the start. But I'm from Sweden and I really don't understand the expression 'port'. I'd like it if someone explained the whole meaning of that word since I can't find it on google. :)

Im not flaming or trolling anyone, I'm trying to do the exact opposite: to cool people off get them to put aside their prejudices, and actualy enjoy what's shaping up to be a very memorable RPG.

I mean, it's Skyrim guys, are you really gonna miss Skyrim JUST because it's also out on consoles? really? You can if you want to, but you'd be missing what will be a game to play, and for poor reasoning. Supporting the PC gaming community is all well and good but don't take it too far, Gamers are gamers, games are games, PC or console, a good game is a good game, and if you miss out on it because of prejudice, well, that's just plain thick.

Speaking as a voice of reason with both a PC and a well used Xbox360, it makes me sad when I hear PC gamers badmouthing console games, and by extention console users as if it's somehow our fault that gaming's being simplified, when really it isn't, it's the developers fault for thinking we're any less hardcore. Hell, a good many consolers I know would be PC gamers but can't afford to run a proper gaming PC.

Edited by Vindekarr

Im not flaming or trolling anyone, I'm trying to do the exact opposite: to cool people off get them to put aside their prejudices, and actualy enjoy what's shaping up to be a very memorable RPG.

I mean, it's Skyrim guys, are you really gonna miss Skyrim JUST because it's also out on consoles? really? You can if you want to, but you'd be missing what will be a game to play, and for poor reasoning. Supporting the PC gaming community is all well and good but don't take it too far, Gamers are gamers, games are games, PC or console, a good game is a good game, and if you miss out on it because of prejudice, well, that's just plain thick.

Speaking as a voice of reason with both a PC and a well used Xbox360, it makes me sad when I hear PC gamers badmouthing console games, and by extention console users as if it's somehow our fault that gaming's being simplified, when really it isn't, it's the developers fault for thinking we're any less hardcore. Hell, a good many consolers I know would be PC gamers but can't afford to run a proper gaming PC.

You do realize that if oblivion was made for PC only it would be a much greater game than it was. Many features were left out simply because a console couldn't handle it.

Did anyone really think it was going to be anything other than a port? As always modders will fix it.

Well they don't have to. Instead of having modders fix bugs they could work on such good additional projects. :unsure: