Skyrim is a port for PC

Thelionheart

Aye, you actualy have a reason other than "WE ARE SUPERIOR!!!"

Resistance is futile anyway, Console outsells PC five to one, we will eventualy overwhelm you with our shear numbers!

And Ginny, I'd advise heavily against Crossfire, I tried a Crossfire build on the last generation of Radeons, and it was miserable, almost no support, better to go a single truly OP card, or a dualcore, than risk Xfire. But it's ytour choice ofcourse.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. If you are still mad because it's a console port, just remember that we PC players have mods and the console players don't. :devil:

Yeah yeah, quit reminding me. But hey, I'll be more than happy to receive $2000 from someone to get a decent computer.

We have mods.

Even if I would get a free Xbox 360 and Skyrim with it, I would still play Skyrim on the PC because of mods, and because of the mouse.

And I would probably sell the Xbox and get myself a new CPU and GPU...

Don't get me wrong here, consoles are great, but paying for the PC internet AND the Xbox Live membership would be too much,(PS3, no way with the recent hackings) and console games have at least a 20% higher price.

And they are always trying to lure us to their consoles by having "Console exclusives".

And the most important thing, ~75% of console gamers are kids. If the console community would be a bit nicer, I would think about buying one.

In short, mods, better community, cheaper prices for games, can do more stuff than only play games, being on a computer has a somewhat, let's say professional feel, than in front of a TV while holding a joystick. (And if I want to do that, I just buy a USB joystick and plug my PC to my TV.)

EDIT: I should add, that the only minus I can remember in being a PC gamer, are the hardware prices.

Don't take this post offensive please, only my opinion.

Edited by Iv000

Be glad you can actually fix the flaws in the game though.Console users don't have that luxury, if they're is something about the game they don't like, they're stuck with it.And yet oddly, it seems to me that the console gamers complain a lot less about the flaws than PC gamers do.Why is that?You would think it would be the console gamers complaining considering that they can't change anything about the game.

Resistance is futile anyway, Console outsells PC five to one, we will eventualy overwhelm you with our shear numbers!

And Ginny, I'd advise heavily against Crossfire, I tried a Crossfire build on the last generation of Radeons, and it was miserable, almost no support, better to go a single truly OP card, or a dualcore, than risk Xfire. But it's ytour choice ofcourse.

Hmmm, I'll have to bear that in mind Vin. I got a Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 Extreme and was going to get another the same, maybe I better Ebay that card, get back a bit of money on it and go all out for something like an ATI 6950. The guy who is going to build the system actually agrees with you as it happens!

Let me try my best to summarize this thread,

"I can't believe it's a port.

JUST LIKE OBLIVION. (Game of the Year, Host game for Mod of the Year 2009, easily one of the most played non-mmo RPGs.)"

Cry some more. If this game isn't great, modders will make it great. Even though everything about the gameplay we've seen says otherwise.

PS; can I get some -reasons- this game will suck because it's a port? I'd like an example other than "it's dumbed down", which doesn't seem to have a backing, as Oblivion's UI didn't get many complaints during it's announcement and release.

When Oblivion came out, I played it on a Pentium 4 with an AGP video card. Since then, we've had dual cores, quad cores, hyperthreading quad cores and now a second generation of hyperthreading quads. The lastest video card generation has 6 times? the power of that AGP card I was using for Oblivion.

Meanwhile, consoles haven't improved in six years.

A port when consoles were new is different from a port when they are six years old. PC's have continued to advance.

When Oblivion came out, I played it on a Pentium 4 with an AGP video card. Since then, we've had dual cores, quad cores, hyperthreading quad cores and now a second generation of hyperthreading quads. The lastest video card generation has 6 times? the power of that AGP card I was using for Oblivion.

Meanwhile, consoles haven't improved in six years.

A port when consoles were new is different from a port when they are six years old. PC's have continued to advance.

The big gripe is people whining even before anything has properly surfaced. From what I've seen of gameplay videos so far, the game looks amazing. That kinda blows your argument out of the water, no?

P.S. If you are still mad because it's a console port, just remember that we PC players have mods and the console players don't. :devil:

Yeah yeah, quit reminding me. But hey, I'll be more than happy to receive $2000 from someone to get a decent computer.

a decent computer for 2000? for 2000 you can build a monster of a PC. nvidia has a nice guide to pc builds http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/hardware-buyers-guide.