Corrupt Saves - StrCount > 0xFFFF - CTD on load

bcsp

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi bcsp

Okay, I tried upgrade to DynDOLOD 1.49, strString was reduced to 41,207 from 65,496 !!
So I can continue the journey with Serana.
Thanks you for your suggestion.
And I must also say thank you to the Sheson, author of DynDOLOD. Thank you!

"Okay, I tried upgrade to DynDOLOD 1.49, strString was reduced to 41,207 from 65,496 !!"

Wow, that is absolutely brutal. I'll be trying 1.49 asap, when when I finish getting my loadout set up again (it's taking a while as I'm testing all mods for string load...sometime multiple times and before and after use where possible).

bcsp, just a thought, and this may seem a bit extreme, but would it be possible to modify your save breaker to spawn over 4.3 G strings? This might make it possible to confirm whether the game engine is capable of handling up to 32 bits of strings.

Edited by Gawad

Ooops, must have thought I was over on LL forums for a second.

Ah, my bad, I thought it might not be so much work to adapt your save breaker to just spawn more strings. Didn't think it would be that, er, non-trivial.

Follower Trap Safety didn't change my StrCount at all after installation. It's a set of three scripts that replace existing ones, so I suppose it could have, but there was no change (noted as 0 on EoS's spreadsheet).

I've just been compiling the data I find, but I agree that it's highly unlikely any mod can actively reduce string count. With that in mind I could go through and replace all of the "negative" numbers people have presented with placeholder zeroes. I'm not familiar with excel, so if someone wants to use the data I collected in drive into a different spreadsheet which narrows down the outlier data I'll happily link to it and/or incorporate that info into my file somehow.

Well, each of the data points would have to be in a separate cell, but if your spreadsheet eventually gets enough data (say, once a mod gets sampled a half dozen or more times) I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'd just move the data for those mods to a separate Excel spreadsheet and plug in the formula for truncated means into that one for those mods. At less than half a dozen or so samples it can pretty much be just eye-balled, at 7, 8, 9, maybe not so much.

Edited by Gawad

I've just been compiling the data I find, but I agree that it's highly unlikely any mod can actively reduce string count. With that in mind I could go through and replace all of the "negative" numbers people have presented with placeholder zeroes. I'm not familiar with excel, so if someone wants to use the data I collected in drive into a different spreadsheet which narrows down the outlier data I'll happily link to it and/or incorporate that info into my file somehow.

Well, each of the data points would have to be in a separate cell, but if your spreadsheet eventually gets enough data (say, once a mod gets sampled a half dozen or more times) I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'd just move the data for those mods to a separate Excel spreadsheet and plug in the formula for truncated means into that one for those mods. At less than half a dozen or so samples it can pretty much be just eye-balled, at 7, 8, 9, maybe not so much.

Actually, come to think of it, if I can make one suggestion to help make this information more easily moveable to any other spreadsheets, it would be to substitute the slashes between the values in your data column for commas. That will make it a lot easier to treat all the values in your Data columns as CSV.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can just ask the Excel text import wizard to use slashes as a value separator instead.

Edited by Gawad

"

bcsp, just a thought, and this may seem a bit extreme, but would it be possible to modify your save breaker to spawn over 4.3 G strings? This might make it possible to confirm whether the game engine is capable of handling up to 32 bits of strings.

yeah we need to find out if it's a game engine limitation. if not, then there might be hope for an SKSE fix

oh and u guys saw the Sexlab patch made for this problem recently? it lowered the string count by 50%. from 2000 to about 1000. we need something like it for Interesting NPCS and Legacy of Dragonborn