Survival Mode will be on beta next week

Boombro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it but they have also stated it will stay in beta as long as it takes to refine it. We may have to wait another month before it goes live.

All of the changes sound great imo although their disease system sounds a bit heavy.

I believe he means the methods you can contract diseases. Eating raw meat, getting hit by bugs or ghouls or even taking chems. So it sounds like you can catch a disease by sneezing. Which should be interesting. At least it'd justify me spending some points in endurance.

Right, it just sounds a bit heavy as far as game mechanics go. You have to watch what type of food you eat, what you take damage from, how much weight you carry, how often you rest... you know, all things that you normally do in real life because your body tells you to by getting tired, hungry etc. Instead you're going to get reminded by all these factors that they can make you sick and be detrimental to your character. It sounds like vanilla Fallout 4 goes from 1 to 11 really quick when you turn on Survival mode but we will see.

sadly i will have to turn off this idiocy, that type of stuff is not hard mode for me just annoying. hard mode is more attacks better armed NPCs and having to think tactically to survive. hope more mods come out that i can tweak the hardness back up to the old survival mode without the annoying stuff bothering me. Reduce spawn timers in new hard mode is the most stupidest idea ? i wander around looking for things to kill now why do i want the wasteland to be even more empty ?

Huh? What's that? Please inform me. I'm interested.

Just read this http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/02/24/new-fallout-4-survival-mode-release-details/.

sadly i will have to turn off this idiocy, that type of stuff is not hard mode for me just annoying. hard mode is more attacks better armed NPCs and having to think tactically to survive.

They are changing the combat too, Metro style.

You will deal and get more damage, there is also no compass.

But I agree with you, I hope we can pick each one alone if able.

believe he means the methods you can contract diseases. Eating raw meat, getting hit by bugs or ghouls or even taking chems. So it sounds like you can catch a disease by sneezing. Which should be interesting. At least it'd justify me spending some points in endurance.

It like they thought ghouls were not scary enough.

One thing I plan to tweak further depending on the default settings they provide, is to drastically reduce almost all ammo spawns, to make it a very very rare and valuable commodity (Day Z-ish, possibly worse.) This in turn makes melee not only viable but actually important to a degree -- Your character, as it would be in the real world, will need to rely on other means to survive this hostile environment rather than assuming they will always have ammo.

Whether that is by building up strength to be viable at melee when necessary, or by being a silver tongued shrewd negotiator and acquiring vital ammo at critical times, or by being sneaky and quick handed to steal extras off from unsuspecting suckers... the point will be to further encourage diverse gameplay. As it is, I can stay a mile away sniping things to death as I so desire since I have near limitless supplies.

For me, its just going to make the experience that much more intense. I plan to really try to get into the mindset and environment, almost to the point of RP I guess. *shrug* I just think itll make things more interesting.

One thing I plan to tweak further depending on the default settings they provide, is to drastically reduce almost all ammo spawns, to make it a very very rare and valuable commodity (Day Z-ish, possibly worse.) This in turn makes melee not only viable but actually important to a degree -- Your character, as it would be in the real world, will need to rely on other means to survive this hostile environment rather than assuming they will always have ammo.

Whether that is by building up strength to be viable at melee when necessary, or by being a silver tongued shrewd negotiator and acquiring vital ammo at critical times, or by being sneaky and quick handed to steal extras off from unsuspecting suckers... the point will be to further encourage diverse gameplay. As it is, I can stay a mile away sniping things to death as I so desire since I have near limitless supplies.

For me, its just going to make the experience that much more intense. I plan to really try to get into the mindset and environment, almost to the point of RP I guess. *shrug* I just think itll make things more interesting.

Since there is no real scarcity (ammo OR chems) after early game, that sounds like a good idea. However, since FO4 is a crafting-oriented game, adding a FO:NV-style ammo crafting system would balance such a change well, and provide an alternative to simply maxing Scrounger. =^[.]^=