Survival Mode will be on beta next week

Boombro

That reminds me, I meant to ask / test myself... do they extend the quest timers for the "Defend X Settlement" quests? Cause I have to imagine it will take much longer to get there without quick travel, so an extension would be nice.

Djangoku, I would HIGHLY suggest the mod that allows you to craft quick travel options at your settlement, when Survival Mode is live instead of in beta. Its really a perfect option in my opinion. Survival mode can still disable the "go anywhere instantly" type of thing, but the mod will put extra emphasis on establishing settlements as checkpoints, allowing you to establish means to get from settlement to settlement quickly.

Its the route I personally plan to go.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly my graphics adapter crashed yesterday and i have to send it back to asus, so i cant play for quite some time. I just wait until release and see what options i have then :D thanks for the tip anyway.

What annoys me are the quests at a settlement with 50 defense to clear out ghouls in a "nearby" place (that I already cleared out weeks ago). With fast travel disabled, it's hard to find the time to treck all the way from County Crossing to Hubris Comics just because some Ghouls live there and and wandering nearby... how does this make sense?? They have 50 defense, just kill the damn ghouls and ignore them.

I really like most of the features that come with the overhaul, but no fast travel and no saving is just to much.

Ex.1:

Last time i played (old survival) i was in sanctuary, preston gave me a quest "go to nordhagen beach an help settler".

I had to go there manually, cause i wasnt in this area so far. It took a very long time going there, on the way are some interesting locations.

When i arrive, the settler sends me to national guards depot (half way back to sanctuary). I go there and kill the ghouls, and after that i must go back to the beach, and then back to sanctuary to complete the quest...

Ex.2:

I go to a place like Corvega factory, with many pretty strong enemies (depends on your level). Usually you save after you killed some enemies, but now you cant, or have to go out to the next bed. I tried it out, and even if i am not a bad player, or have a weak char, i had to go in over 10 times, killing the same enemies again and again, and just one little hit from a legendary raider kills me in no time.

I dont know, this is just not fun for me... But we are lucky to have a great modding community, so i guess there will be mods soon, so i can chose which features i want for survival.

Ex.2 is exactly what I am worried about. Doing something over and over again like that is just no fun. Be it fighting raiders or looting some junk, it's just not compelling gameplay.

Let all just agree that the MM suck hard as a faction okay?

What I really don't get why did you pick them for that mode.

They would have been better as a faction you had to earn your way into, and the player having to pick a single settlement to run not run every single settlement.

They would have been better as a faction you had to earn your way into, and the player having to pick a single settlement to run not run every single settlement.

You earned it, oddly.

Fighting a deathclaw, even with PA and a mini gun is hardcore to wastelands, I mean they can hardly keep raiders and mutes off. That dude killed a deathclaw?! Holy s#*!!

I think it nice that you can start as higher rank agent in a faction if the entry quest was hard, like skipping grades if you are smarty pants. I think I will mod it make it harder (having to run to the PA that is placed across the town with the DC after you, more stronger raiders, walls etc.) but the MM are just a bad faction, expect when it comes for fashion. By god those outfits look awesome.

It also off putting that you a hardly a leader. I get it from the start since the MM are growing, we hardly have people and this is not the army etc etc. But let me have quests where we I plan stuff by the end, where I can send MM to places to wonder around care free a bit, where I can issue some to help clear a place etc. But beth has zero idea about leadership.

It kind of funny since the game has Maxson and Des, you can never be a leader like these as the leader of the MM.

You earned it, oddly.

Fighting a deathclaw, even with PA and a mini gun is hardcore to wastelands, I mean they can hardly keep raiders and mutes off. That dude killed a deathclaw?! Holy s***!

I think it nice that you can start as higher rank agent in a faction if the entry quest was hard, like skipping grades if you are smarty pants. I think I will mod it make it harder (having to run to the PA that is placed across the town with the DC after you, more stronger raiders, walls etc.) but the MM are just a bad faction, expect when it comes for fashion. By god those outfits look awesome.

It also off putting that you a hardly a leader. I get it from the start since the MM are growing, we hardly have people and this is not the army etc etc. But let me have quests where we I plan stuff by the end, where I can send MM to places to wonder around care free a bit, where I can issue some to help clear a place etc. But beth has zero idea about leadership.

It kind of funny since the game has Maxson and Des, you can never be a leader like these as the leader of the MM.

Recruiting new people and designating officers would have been a neat feature, and as you said, taking actual charge of the Boston militia. I have a slight feeling that Preston is secretly a shady puppeteer who places the player as a cardboard leader while he is plotting in the background.

You earned it, oddly.

Fighting a deathclaw, even with PA and a mini gun is hardcore to wastelands, I mean they can hardly keep raiders and mutes off. That dude killed a deathclaw?! Holy s***!

Recruiting new people and designating officers would have been a neat feature, and as you said, taking actual charge of the Boston militia. I have a slight feeling that Preston is secretly a shady puppeteer who places the player as a cardboard leader while he is plotting in the background.

I aint sent those patrols out, I don't know who they answer to!