Everyone enjoying the new DLC?

tomomi1922

Has anyone downloaded and played with the DLC who particularly has a HUGE load order of mods? I'm....playing with a HUGE load order and I feel like the DLC will break my game XDDDDDDDDDDDD.....

Yep, loading is forever. But that's about it

No conflicts with your mods?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't think there actually are any majorly scripted mods, which is what used to get broken in major patches in previous games. I mean, looking at least in my... ample collection of mods, the vast majority are just new weapons, new armours, new materials, new walls, even more new walls, and so on. Not much in there that could get broken.

Has anyone downloaded and played with the DLC who particularly has a HUGE load order of mods? I'm....playing with a HUGE load order and I feel like the DLC will break my game XDDDDDDDDDDDD.....

It really depends on which mods you are using and your definition of break. There are some major issues which cause CTDs (custom UI causing CTD in and around County Crossing). Then there are some minor (at least minor to me) issues caused by the keyword cap, as Automatron adds a number of keywords. I have no personal experience with them, but I think there are some issues with a few texture mods, though they may be fixed by the authors by now.

It really depends on which mods you are using and your definition of break. There are some major issues which cause CTDs (custom UI causing CTD in and around County Crossing). Then there are some minor (at least minor to me) issues caused by the keyword cap, as Automatron adds a number of keywords. I have no personal experience with them, but I think there are some issues with a few texture mods, though they may be fixed by the authors by now.

This is my mod list. Only issues I've run into so far are the damn lights going dim once in a while, and only the ones affected by mods, which I assume is some engine trickery bug.

I have 107 active esps and no issues at all with Automatron. The only problem I've had lately is with immersive fast travel and the no-fast travel option not allowing me to use a Virtibird. Not sure if that related at all.

After giving Automatron some thought though... over all I don't see it changing my character very much. There's no good reason to return to the Mechanist's lair after the quest is completed. The robot's pathing is horrendous rendering them useless as companions. For now I'm only using robots as guards and provisioners, which is kind of cool but since whenever you are around them they speak every 4 seconds it's rather annoying. -_-

I love making caravan bots (Robobrain Treads + Body with Sentry Arms + Head) instead of having to equip a weak settler for the job (which is more expensive), and I always have at-least one heavily armed and armored Protectron at each settlement manning a guard post.

I tried making a full-blown sentry bot into a caravan bot but for some reason I found it stripped bare and had to re-equip it (glitch?). With Robobrain parts I don't seem to have this problem.

Edited by CyrusAmell

I love making caravan bots (Robobrain Treads + Body with Sentry Arms + Head) instead of having to equip a weak settler for the job (which is more expensive), and I always have at-least one heavily armed and armored Protectron at each settlement manning a guard post.

I tried making a full-blown sentry bot into a caravan bot but for some reason I found it stripped bare and had to re-equip it (glitch?). With Robobrain parts I don't seem to have this problem.

Was it up on blocks? =^[.]~=

Was it up on blocks? =^[.]~=

Lol, damn bot-jacking Raiders!

I have 107 active esps and no issues at all with Automatron. The only problem I've had lately is with immersive fast travel and the no-fast travel option not allowing me to use a Virtibird. Not sure if that related at all.

After giving Automatron some thought though... over all I don't see it changing my character very much. There's no good reason to return to the Mechanist's lair after the quest is completed. The robot's pathing is horrendous rendering them useless as companions. For now I'm only using robots as guards and provisioners, which is kind of cool but since whenever you are around them they speak every 4 seconds it's rather annoying. -_-

Have you tried thrusters? I can't say I've had any noteworthy pathing problems with those.