Bethesda forums and websites hacked: usernames, emails, and passwords

Galahaut

The name of your EA account has changed. Going forward, your EA account will be called an Originâ„¢ account. Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account.

Origin is EA's new gaming platform where you can find, purchase and download all the best content from EA. It's your digital playground for EA games and exclusive content.

The Origin application is available for download at www.origin.com. This desktop application will allow you to connect with friends, and see what they are playing. You can also manage your games library and digitally download and play games from EA.

Oh boy. Thanks EA.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

A marketing dept.-driven name change? No big deal.

EA wanting to push its own digital distribution environment, rather than giving that money to Valve (Steam), or Gamefly (D2D)? I would want to distribute my games through my own channels too.

EA trying to catch-up to Valve with a RT gaming community (Chat, Multiplayer, etc.)? They better, or they'll get left behind! :laugh:

The Bethesda forum was hacked again this morning and the password DB reset. Anyone trying to get in will have to follow the password recovery process. Assuming it works and doesn't tell you your member ID doesn't exist.

Good thing my password was unique to that site only. I use KeePass to store all my various account info which makes such hacks useless for my accounts at any other site. :thumbsup:

Here are the steps I took to get everything working again on Bethsoft forums:

1. I used their Forgot Password link which sent an "activation" link via email.
  2. Opened the email, clicked on the activation link, it then wanted to reset the password which then sent another email with the password in it.
  3. I opened the next email, copied the password and logged in with their generated password.
  4. I immediately clicked on Settings and changed the password to a new one.
  5. I logged out and logged back in with my new password to make sure it worked right.
  6. Recorded that password in my KeePass database.

All done. :thumbsup:

Yep. KeePass is an awesome little utility. I started using it after the last time Bethesda got hacked because I got tired of having to make the rounds everywhere to update my password when something went wrong.