⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survival mode disable mods?

birgirfg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like some people don't understand what the purpose of a beta test is...

No, it sounds like we paid pretty much money and that's why we should have qualify content from the start. We are not beta testers, and it's not free to play game.

An official answer to this question from Bethesda on the Survival Steam Beta Forum:

"Mods are not disabled. Due to how dramatic the changes are to the game from Survival mode, there is a higher likelihood that mods will not work properly."

Edited by birgirfg

What Beth is doing in with this game is unprecedented for them. They are releasing patches and updates as Beta's instead of just forcing a buggy untested update upon the masses! In previous games we would just get a patch that broke more then it fixed most of the time.

It seems that they are really trying to support FO4 and take advice from the PC users. Also it's a beta for PC users PC user have many different systems and configurations of OS and hardware Beth could never possibly do a closed beta and get the results and feedback they could from an open Beta.

You don't have to opt in to the beta and can simply wait until others have tested it gave feedback and suggestions.

Survival mode is free... If you paid for it, you got ripped off...

If you don't want to beta test it, then wait till other people beta test it and they release the final version, for free.

I think you just forgot how things should be, how end product should, what quality it should be, etc. Would you pay money for car, that look great but... you know, steering wheels always pulls a little bit aside, some doors not locking properly, interior padding slightly clipping, oh, and one another little problem, it don't have braks. But don't worry, car dealers said you, we will fix it very soon! You can just ride now, then, if you'd like of course, we will install beta version of brakes! And after you test it we'll make full version of brekes! And it all be free!!!1111 And all other small things will repair you pals in garage, also for free!

Survival mode is free... If you paid for it, you got ripped off...

If you don't want to beta test it, then wait till other people beta test it and they release the final version, for free.

I think you just forgot how things should be, how end product should, what quality it should be, etc. Would you pay money for car, that look great but... you know, steering wheels always pulls a little bit aside, some doors not locking properly, interior padding slightly clipping, oh, and one another little problem, it don't have braks. But don't worry, car dealers said you, we will fix it very soon! You can just ride now, then, if you'd like of course, we will install beta version of brakes! And after you test it we'll make full version of brekes! And it all be free!!!1111 And all other small things will repair you pals in garage, also for free!

Seems someone is new to video games in general!

No game on any platform is bug free! That also goes for any Program, Operating system and so on! That is why there are updates.

I am running 78 mods the vast majority of them are settlement and texture mods to make the game prettier. I would like to test the new beta, I have played thru the game 4 times and the DLC twice.

I have no problem trying the new beta w/o mods, is there an easy way to turn them all on and off via the NMM when I change between my current PC's and the PC I am going to start for the beta survival mode?

Edit: Nevermind I answered my own question.