⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survival mode disable mods?

birgirfg

had to opt out of beta please fix it quick or will be not buying the new release

1. This is a beta and Beth stated that "Due to the drastic changes in the game it will most likely break all mods"
  2. you don't have to use the beta.
  3. The update is free so no need to buy,
  4. When the Beta goes from Beta to live you will have to update your mods and may still loose progress in a modded game.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an fyi, all mods were disabled as they were intended to be for Survival Mode (all esm's and esp's unchecked), I even disabled Automatron. Whether I load a save game (modded or not) or try to start a new game, I CTD at the load screen after the main menu. Tried loading from NMM FO4 "normal" exe and from Steam beta in Library, no difference.

Kinda forced to opt out right now (not too big a deal, I just wanted to see if vertibird grenades still worked with fast travel disabled anyhow).

I will check back to be fair and see if anyone might know what the cause of that could be and give it one more shot if so.

1. This is a beta and Beth stated that "Due to the drastic changes in the game it will most likely break all mods"

I'm pretty sure that was just one guy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

The game runs for people who have merged their mods into the Automatron esm.

The only reason they could have done this is so they don't bug reports about the game when it was simply a conflict with a mod.

They could have simply said "Don't make bug reports if you are running mods." Or better yet, not run an open f*#@ing beta if they didn't want bogus bug reports.

Sounds like some people don't understand what the purpose of a beta test is...

No, it sounds like we paid pretty much money and that's why we should have qualify content from the start. We are not beta testers, and it's not free to play game.

You paid "pretty much money"? Just how much is that anyways...?

Enough f*#@ing babbling about who is right and who is wrong. I want to play with mods and I don't give a s#*! what you think.

With that out of the way,.. anyone found away around the disable? Its tied to the EXE and survival mode has no effect without the updated exe. I copied the files over from the beta (along with the strings folder) and survival mode shows up in game and i can select it, however it seems to have no effect. Enemies still show up on the radar.

Enough f***ing babbling about who is right and who is wrong. I want to play with mods and I don't give a s*** what you think.

With that kind of attitude you're not going to attract much sympathy, just sayin' or help.

On the other hand, I want to use my mods too. I honestly don't get why they did this. Disabling all mods just seems to drastic. All of my mods are just added stuff or cosmetics. None of them changes any mechanic whatsoever. All of my saves have this huge ass list of mods on them and all of them crash when I try to load a save. That means my current PC is completely impossible to play with survival mode on, which means I have to restart just to try this mode? Heh, not interested in that. I'll opt out until someone finds a way around this. If someone finds a way around.

I'm worried they might not get decent feedback if most people, and it seems to be most people from what I've seen so far, are opting out because they can't enjoy the game without mods at this point.

I'm worried they might not get decent feedback if most people, and it seems to be most people from what I've seen so far, are opting out because they can't enjoy the game without mods at this point.

This is a modding website, you're not going to see many people who don't enjoy mods hanging out here. I imagine the responses are more enthusiastic in other locations.

Sounds like some people don't understand what the purpose of a beta test is...

No, it sounds like we paid pretty much money and that's why we should have qualify content from the start. We are not beta testers, and it's not free to play game.

Do you not understand that the final version will allow mods? I really don't understand why you're so bent out of shape. You even said yourself, we are not beta testers, yet here you are complaining that you can't play the beta the way you want? You got a finished game from the start, now they're adding more content to that finished game. If they had added everything to the initial game, you'd be here complaining that there aren't any DLC's.

I swear it seems like some people just can't be happy with anything.

This is a modding website, you're not going to see many people who don't enjoy mods hanging out here. I imagine the responses are more enthusiastic in other locations.

I was not referring to this forum alone. I'm not stupid, I expected people to react more strongly here.

Strangely enough, people's reactions here are on par with everywhere else. Even on the official boards people are either split 50/50 on opting out or playing through the beta phase or majorly opting out. Depending on which thread you're reading it varies but so far I haven't seen anywhere with majorly positive reactions.

You can keep your working Fallout 4 v1.4 and have a FO4 v1.5 to play test.

How to do this,

1. opt out of the beta and make sure your modded game plays just fine.
  2. Rename your fallout 4 folder to something like "Fallout 4 v1.4"
  3. have steam verify game cache (it will not find Fallout 4 because you have changed the folder name)
  4. Let steam install a new clean version of Fallout 4 and then opt back into the Beta and let that install.
  5. Play the game in survival mode.

when you don't want to play the beta game and want your mods back

1. Rename the Fallout 4 folder to something like Fallout 4 "Survival"
  2. Opt out of the Beta,
  3. Rename your old version of Fallout 4 (which you renamed) back to just "Fallout 4"
  4. Play the game modded in v1.4 again.

For best results create a new save folder in Users/My games/Fallout 4 and rename the old one so you don't accidentally try to load an incompatible save.

it's a little work on your end but you don't loose your progress in your current game and can jump into a survival game to play test any time you want.

Edit: if you just set steam to offline mode after patching for the beta you don't even have to think about opting out again when switching game versions, Just launch the game with F4SE or NMM.

Edited by chucksteel