People who played the beta survival overhaul, how was it? Is the new save mechanics satisfying or is it too frustrating? did you like that feature?

Bavarianberry

Love it! It's like playing a new game. I can't even believe how much better it is than vanilla.

The biggest improvement in Survival is how violence is experienced. Guns are now deadly weapons and everything can kill you. Even those flying maggot bugs. There are no stupid bullet sponges (that i've encountered) instead, combat is dangerous and thrilling. The world really feels alive and potent with danger now.

I agree that quick saves should be added when entering or leaving load screens simply as a fail safe for random crashes and the time scale could use a little tweaking so you don't have to eat & drink quite as often, but other than that, I haven't found anything in this beta that I don't like. Can't wait to get back to it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5 update disables the console entirely, at least in survival mode. and the game forcibly "ignores" anthing but its default content. mods the take a .esp dont work althought simple texture and model replacers work if they follow the default paths.

Do you think this is just for testing purposes?

1.5 update disables the console entirely, at least in survival mode. and the game forcibly "ignores" anthing but its default content. mods the take a .esp dont work althought simple texture and model replacers work if they follow the default paths.

Is no think about it, Beth has said it is for testing purposes.

I started a new game to test out the survival mode and so far I love everything it has to offer. Knowing that you'll have to start all over from your last sleep point makes battles 10x more exciting and tense. The only thing I would say is change the time scale through console (when it comes out of beta) and get an enb for darker nights.

Disabling the console for Survival mode was confirmed to be an intentional feature of the game mode, not just something they disabled for testing purposes.

The disabling of mods was only for testing purposes, though.

No- disabling mods is NOT for testing. It is proof of Bethesda hurtling down the black hole of dumbed-down gaming for the console generation- in this case the pathetic concept of online ACHIEVEMENT tables for single player games- where mods are considered 'cheating'.

The psychology of profoundly sad people who think finishing an aspect of a computer game is something that should be recorded for posterity is a literal cancer of modern game design. Beth wants survival mode linked to 'achievement' 'medals' so people can 'compete' in how well they do in this mode.

I'm not saying in this case Beth won't eventually reactivate modding- but Beth is collecting information for vastly more dumbed down console biased titles from the developer in the future. The community is NOT the bottom line for Beth, but profit is- and if by ruining future open-world titles, console sales are boosted- then that is where Beth wishes to go.

No- disabling mods is NOT for testing. It is proof of Bethesda hurtling down the black hole of dumbed-down gaming for the console generation- in this case the pathetic concept of online ACHIEVEMENT tables for single player games- where mods are considered 'cheating'.

The psychology of profoundly sad people who think finishing an aspect of a computer game is something that should be recorded for posterity is a literal cancer of modern game design. Beth wants survival mode linked to 'achievement' 'medals' so people can 'compete' in how well they do in this mode.

I'm not saying in this case Beth won't eventually reactivate modding- but Beth is collecting information for vastly more dumbed down console biased titles from the developer in the future. The community is NOT the bottom line for Beth, but profit is- and if by ruining future open-world titles, console sales are boosted- then that is where Beth wishes to go.

Everything you have just said is wrong.

What the hell did I just read?

Disabling the console for Survival mode was confirmed to be an intentional feature of the game mode, not just something they disabled for testing purposes.

The disabling of mods was only for testing purposes, though.

Crap ...console will be disabled as a permanent feature ? ...that's gonna perhaps make me shy away from Survival mode