GECK FOR FALLOUT 4

atm1089

I would like to see it visually represented similar to the way Unreal does their visual programming for shaders of blueprint/kismet depending on if you are using Unreal 3 or 4. Or the Flow Graph in the CryEngine.

Doubt it will happen though, I think I am one of the few people that gets super excited about visual programming.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here knows. Sometime in April, hopefully. Once it releases, you will see many more mods in all likelihood.

Well, it is definitely getting past "early 2016".
Well, it is Bethesda we are talking about here. :P

The Havok related issues are a top priority due to limitations on custom collisions for custom .nifs, which will continue to really hurt mods (While a make-shift patch job collision is doable, it can be incredibly time consuming, frustrating, and just not very accurate, either, leading to potential NPC & PC issues.), top it off with not being able to edit / add new animations and it becomes even more of an issue.

This.

But as I said earlier, I doubt that any Havok tools would be included. No .nif related tools were present in previous CK's, so I don't think Bethesda will help us with that. I'm I bit annoyed at this point, as I have hundreds of models I need to make for my mod and no proper way to make collisions yet. I hope someone who's more tech-savvy than me will figure it out soon.

What I really hope for the CK is an improved UI, I really would like to see clear dialogue trees, for example.

As long as things have't changed too much from skyrim this may help with your collisions.

http://bertscktutorial.ucoz.com/index/advanced_collisions/0-36

As long as things have't changed too much from skyrim this may help with your collisions.

http://bertscktutorial.ucoz.com/index/advanced_collisions/0-36

All I know is what Jon said here: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4136-nifskope-20-dev/page-10&do=findComment&comment=159139

"Collisions are an embedded Havok file, the same as ragdoll and cloth physics. To read/write them we technically need access to the 64-bit Havok SDK, which is not publicly available"

So yeah, they changed the system and now someone has to reverse-engineer it, oh the joys of modding!

The game really needs mod now tbh, i don't see any reason why console gamers would still be holding onto the game for the DLC as the base game has less replayability compared to Fallout:NV and Fallout 3.

Us PC gamers cant trade in our used games because of Steam, so mods are even more important as it will either make or break the game in the long run.

Hoping its released before the 10th and the next DLC.