⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Thread You Never Thought You'd See

Quetzlsacatanango

I think I put this in the lore thread, but maybe not, I'm not good at remembering.

Jonas is from a religious enclave in kentucky. He slew his evil clan on what he believed were orders from an archangel.

The Searchers are against mutants, ghouls, etc. because they"taint" the world. They believe their deformations are punishment for their sins, and as such they are not tolerated. At least for non-feral ghouls and super mutants, they do still believe they have souls. Due to this they try not to cause them any undue suffering.

Religious references are integral to this story so they won't be turned down for anyone.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Q, got swamped by RL and hte holidays, but got a chance to check out the lore thread. Don't know how I missed it before.

But I was thinking for an escalation (say #1 or #2) a forbidden romance thing. I realize that's a tricky one to write because I suspect the watchers don't let their "woman folk" wander about without a chaperon. But if a relationship did develop between the marshal or another main character and Jonah's daughter, there's probably no better way to fan the fire and start a war. I'm guessing Jonah wouldn't take lightly to someone stealing his daughters virtue (especially if that some one is a mutant collaborator).

Maybe a certain character that lost his arm was involved with a watchers daughter, before coming to skunkwater gulch. Might even be why he lost that arm.

The logical extreme would be a romance between one of the bona fide mutants and a daughter (or vice versa, watcher son and mutant). But that would be a tough one to write, with the watchers deep ingrained hatred of mutants.

Also one of hte lonesome road perks, "aint like that now" (ie the 50th level perk) is a reference to a eastwood movie. I havn't seen it but gather he's a reformed gunslinger/outlaw. When you recruit your protectors it might be cool to have a similar character. Maybe even make it someone that has to be liberated from incarceration and convinced to take up the irons again (but for a good cause, to make up for his/her past).

Edited by devinpatterson

• 2 months later...