The Thread You Never Thought You'd See

Quetzlsacatanango

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh F*ck yes. Everything about it.

Looks like it will be well worth the wait. And don't blame you at all for (mostlikely) putting it off 'til after the final Official DLC. Hell I've pretty much gotten to the point where I'm not installing any new mods until after-the-fact so I only have to screw around with updating what I'm already running and NVSE each time.

Will very much look forward to sampling the fruits of your labor when the time comes.

• 1 month later...

I am finally starting to build the 'main quest' of this mod. This will be the last thing before it starts getting tested, ironing out, etc., but I need some help plotting it. I wasn't sure whether to post it here for fear of spoiling things but I figure it won't hurt too much. Most people don't read anyway.

You might have noticed (or not, I can't remember exactly what I showed in the first post) that most of the residents of SG are a little different.

They are isolated from the wasteland. Most other places don't know about them. Their only real trade is a caravan that does a circuit of the Mojave and comes through once in a while (yes this is in the mod).

Their weirdness makes them a target for a group of religious nuts I am calling The Searchers (for now. If I think of a better name that sounds western, I will change it). Think of them as cowboy Enclave, ridding the world of freaks not because of orders, or whatever their purpose was, but because they are abominations unto the lord or what have you. A much more human, if not humane, motivation if you ask me. SG's isolation and lack of support makes them (seemingly!) easy pickings for these guys.

Player is introduced because someone is killing SG's gecko herd, which they depend on for food.

Player finds culprit, culprit has notes that point to larger plot against town.

<something happens #1>

Player is directed to Nipton

Searchers have taken over remains of Nipton. It is insinuated that Searchers collaborated with Legion to wipe out the wicked place so that they could do so.

<something happens #2>

hostilities escalate

<something happens #3>

hostilities escalate

<something happens #4>

hostilities escalate

<something happens #5>

Final battle for town

I am overgeneralizing of course, but part of that is because I only have some general ideas. I know I sort of want a less linear FFII-style story, where you fight increasingly powerful boss characters. Oh, and around step 4 you will be tasked with recruiting the some legendary gunfighters to assist in the town's defense. But other than that I am lacking in details. So here is an opportunity for you "idea people" to fill in the something happenses. They can be basically as much or as little as is appropriate, within reason. All I can do is say no. And then make fun of you. But I won't do that. Probably.

Oh, and starting at #2, I will really want a parallel story line for you evil characters who want to side with the Searchers. :)

Thanks