Male or Female PC? How come?

Kanori24

Nicely said, hagyjalbeken. Couldn't have said it better myself. Signette totally misinterpreted what I said. I never said girls avoid playing games because of the skimpy outfits and armors, I said some girls COMPLAIN about such outfits/armor. I think there should be more options besides the skimpy, that don't show 90% of skin and let them decide what they'll download. If I create a mod with less revealing stuff (which will be primarily for my own enjoyment) and only a very people download it, I'll still be glad that at least those few people had one more choice different than the rest. And, Signette, since you misinterpreted what I said, I won't bother answering your questions. Again, I never said female gamers avoid or should avoid playing games because of outfit/armor showing most of their skin.

About the abundance of over sexified stuff... a friend of mine was ranting about precisely that the other day about people "obsessing so much with sex mods and not creating anything to improve games, fix bugs, etc."

He didn't misinterprete it guess, your posts just reminded him of one of our earlier talks here, (his answer and questions were for me mostly i guess), since earlier we've been trying to figure out why there are much less female players, and one of the possible reasons i brought up were skimpy sexy stuff. I never said that it is the only thing that completely alienates female players, but i am sure there is a siginficant amont of them who won't even try a certain game because they'd think (with every reason) that it was made purely for males when they see the shallow boobified characters (and/or the supermacho weapon wielding musclemen).

Also i think that there are many-many bugfixes, which is not a good thing though, since there shouldn't be a need for them the first place :smile: (However the sex-mod/real content mod ratio is shameful)

Oh from previous connversations... :) Ok then.

About the bug fixes, I agree with you. Games should be released without bugs, or at the very least with only one here or there, making bug fix mods unnecessary or very few needed. However, it's a good thing that we are able to create mods to solve a problem. Skyrim is so plagued with bugs, that's driving me crazy. This is my first play through, I just got the game recently. Every time I look up a quest guide, always see some result on google about a bug, and I'm like "Oh f***k, again?!" Yeah, can't progress on the main quest because of damn bugs. Good grief!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: No, they dont avoid them, actually many females use armors with some skimpyness. There are many reaons. first, there are barely any other choices, especially if you want something unique. Also, since the social standard of good looking female is set to revealingly dressing, thin and sexy, and as i mentioned they tend to follow social "expectations', it works like fashon industry, it is kinda the "gaming" fashion. Just think about how many females used to wear uggs lately, they are uncomfortable and fugly, but the big fashion industry said it's cool so it became popular. Same with skimpy game characters, since most aaa game devs and poular modding goes that way, they will go with it and kinda like it.

2: almost all female armor mods are exclusvely for those replacers, so they'll use them. Even i do. But i highly doubt that many of them use the over-exaggerated or the bouncy boobs versions.

3: if they are at least a bit more unique than vanilla, higher quality, and moderately sexy, they'll go for vanilla style instead of shiny eyesores like tera. But the tera style attracts anime fans and anime has a huge female fanbase too so it will always have a big audience.

4: Because it is sadly considered to be sexy by the majority.

MMOs: I'm not familiar with them. But i bet females don't play it because they can have big boobs, they just don't really have other choice, are used to it, and even started to like it, because "fashion", also it is considered to be sexy, and they want to be sexy. Especially online. And i think those girls hooked on mmos do want a lot of attention...

Also my main problem withy overly sexified stuff is not that it is unrealistic or looks silly (however, it is a problem), but that it became so important that it gives less and less room for quality content. So females go with this stuff because there isn't much else, also they want to look and feel attractive, and that is considered to be attractive. But i am sure they want more content than bouncy boobies.

So about jRPGs, your problem is not the games or the "genre" but the term RPG used incorrectly. So if i want some role playing experience, i shouldn't look that way :smile:

Firstly thanks for correction. @VDracul I really didn't misinterpret you, your posts just gave me an idea.

Now on the subject:

1. It's unusual, uggs look pretty comfy to me, though I didn't wear them for obvious reasons, than again, you probably know better. But every winter I see girls wearing something on high heels walking on flat ice, I bet uggs are still way more comfy than this. :pinch:

2. Ok.

3. But you said previously about the armor making sense. If we go deeper on this subject, in ancient times women participated in combat (very rarely though), but according to archeology their armor barely had any difference from mens' of the field, plus training and harsh conditions transformed bodies, so in that case classic Skyrim Lydia-style armor is making more sense than anything, how do we weight this with "sexiness"? What is more important? It may seem funny, but when I choose armor for my character, first thing which comes to my mind in Skyrim, for example, is if my character won't get cold in this.

4. I really don't get this obsession with looks... I mean if we take Skyrim into account, it's private business, no one will see your character if you don't want to, why bother? Deep inside, wouldn't it hurt more psychologically if you constantly see beautiful character and not too happy about your own looks? Sounds like a self torture to me... It may be not a question for you considering how you look at it, but I have this alter-ego mentality towards my characters too, as majority, but I mainly worry about practical things first which usually impacts gameplay. Can gender psychology really be that different in that aspect?

On MMO: That would be self contradiction on their part, no? Like those who are really so obsessed with their gender role wouldn't touch gaming in the first place, but if they do, they still go for stupid cliches and social setups? Man...

It would be extremely hard to monitor, but if Nexus had any real statistics on mod popularity for both genders, that would be very interesting to see. I suppose if one type of mods skyrocket in popularity that much, I'd say it's an "achievement" of both genders, it's just more logical to me, but can never know for sure...

On jRPG: yes, no roleplaying, but stories are fantastic (sometimes).

Edited by Signette

Firstly thanks for correction. @VDracul I really didn't misinterpret you, your posts just gave me an idea.

Now on the subject:

1. It's unusual, uggs look pretty comfy to me, though I didn't wear them for obvious reasons, than again, you probably know better. But every winter I see girls wearing something on high heels walking on flat ice, I bet uggs are still way more comfy than this. :pinch:

2. Ok.

3. But you said previously about the armor making sense. If we go deeper on this subject, in ancient times women participated in combat (very rarely though), but according to archeology their armor barely had any difference from mens' of the field, plus training and harsh conditions transformed bodies, so in that case classic Skyrim Lydia-style armor is making more sense than anything, how do we weight this with "sexiness"? What is more important? It may seem funny, but when I choose armor for my character, first thing which comes to my mind in Skyrim, for example, is if my character won't get cold in this.

4. I really don't get this obsession with looks... I mean if we take Skyrim into account, it's private business, no one will see your character if you don't want to, why bother? Deep inside, wouldn't it hurt more psychologically if you constantly see beautiful character and not too happy about your own looks? Sounds like a self torture to me... It may be not a question for you considering how you look at it, but I have this alter-ego mentality towards my characters too, as majority, but I mainly worry about practical things first which usually impacts gameplay. Can gender psychology really be that different in that aspect?

On MMO: That would be self contradiction on their part, no? Like those who are really so obsessed with their gender role wouldn't touch gaming in the first place, but if they do, they still go for stupid cliches and social setups? Man...

It would be extremely hard to monitor, but if Nexus had any real statistics on mod popularity for both genders, that would be very interesting to see. I suppose if one type of mods skyrocket in popularity that much, I'd say it's an "achievement" of both genders, it's just more logical to me, but can never know for sure...

On jRPG: yes, no roleplaying, but stories are fantastic (sometimes).

Uggs are comfy in cold weather, but it became actually a damn summer wear :tongue: Not as much as where i live, but i've constatly seen it in american films and series and stuff that girls wore them in hot weather with tiny shorts and tops.

Also they are ugly as hell (they make you look like you had the feet of some ridiculous odd cartoon character). High heels at least look sexy sometimes (not those platform boots though).

About armors making sense, it is important for me and for a huge percentage of players. but now we talk about casual female players, who dont go for realism so much, but more for the stylish and feminine looks. Still i am sure that they are not satisfied with the "tera looks", because that is an extremity (that sadly becomes more common). Actullly for an average female and a male that doesnt think with his penis they are ridiculous. (also i am not talking about asian game and anime fans, thats a different group). I think there is a middle point between super realistic medieval look and oversexified and rainbow coloured tera stuff, and that is what most females are looking for.

About obsession with looks, i think you see it right, it is a self-torture, females are quite obsessed with looking pretty, that is kinda the social norm today. But also males are obsessed with how females look. If they cant look like that irl, at least they can in the game, and i am sure it hurts people inside, even males (they are not as brave and manly as their characters and they cant get a girl as hot as the one in the game), but it is so usual nowadays (i mean this "perfect looks" everywhere, games, movies etc.), that everyone is used to it.

On MMOs, i dont think it is self contradiction, since looking beautiful and sexy is a gender role for females. It is actually THE gender role. Be pretty and sexy and as young as possible is the first, second is being cute and nice.

About the popularity of skimpy mods being an achievement of both genders, well, the big majoirity of mod users are males, so female audience can't be that significant, but i am sure that these mods have many female downloaders too.

A "confession": i do have tera armors downloaded, and although i did it for the laughs, and to humilate my ugly creepy male dark elf a bit (i was mad at him...), i've actually found a pair of boots and gloves that are pretty cool and fit into the game too.

BTW, i don't look at others screenshots too much, but i've been browsing the fnv section, and there are two types of female characters there (not users), one is "babes" as sexy as possible and posing accordingly, the others are storytelling shots, and those are either practically dressed or just with some little cleavage or bare legs, or maybe raider-style. The ratio is ca. 50-50%. Also, there are much less male char sceenshots, and they mostly pose for some weapon. Well, i think most male characters look the same, so no wonder, and that is not an offense, since there are barely any male character mods, and the chargen options usually allow only a few variations of acceptable (non-ridiculous, actually human looking) settings. It isn't that much better with females, but there are more mods for them, and even anime ones contain something useful sometimes. (i do plan to release a male race for fnv sometimes in the future, i've tried hairs, but the way layering meshes with alphas works in fnv is horrible so i got fed up...)

Edited by hagyjalbeken

Uggs are comfy in cold weather, but it became actually a damn summer wear :tongue: Not as much as where i live, but i've constatly seen it in american films and series and stuff that girls wore them in hot weather with tiny shorts and tops.

Also they are ugly as hell (they make you look like you had the feet of some ridiculous odd cartoon character). High heels at least look sexy sometimes (not those platform boots though).

About armors making sense, it is important for me and for a huge percentage of players. but now we talk about casual female players, who dont go for realism so much, but more for the stylish and feminine looks. Still i am sure that they are not satisfied with the "tera looks", because that is an extremity (that sadly becomes more common). Actullly for an average female and a male that doesnt think with his penis they are ridiculous. (also i am not talking about asian game and anime fans, thats a different group). I think there is a middle point between super realistic medieval look and oversexified and rainbow coloured tera stuff, and that is what most females are looking for.

About obsession with looks, i think you see it right, it is a self-torture, females are quite obsessed with looking pretty, that is kinda the social norm today. But also males are obsessed with how females look. If they cant look like that irl, at least they can in the game, and i am sure it hurts people inside, even males (they are not as brave and manly as their characters and they cant get a girl as hot as the one in the game), but it is so usual nowadays (i mean this "perfect looks" everywhere, games, movies etc.), that everyone is used to it.

On MMOs, i dont think it is self contradiction, since looking beautiful and sexy is a gender role for females. It is actually THE gender role. Be pretty and sexy and as young as possible is the first, second is being cute and nice.

About the popularity of skimpy mods being an achievement of both genders, well, the big majoirity of mod users are males, so female audience can't be that significant, but i am sure that these mods have many female downloaders too.

A "confession": i do have tera armors downloaded, and although i did it for the laughs, and to humilate my ugly creepy male dark elf a bit (i was mad at him...), i've actually found a pair of boots and gloves that are pretty cool and fit into the game too.

BTW, i don't look at others screenshots too much, but i've been browsing the fnv section, and there are two types of female characters there (not users), one is "babes" as sexy as possible and posing accordingly, the others are storytelling shots, and those are either practically dressed or just with some little cleavage or bare legs, or maybe raider-style. The ratio is ca. 50-50%. Also, there are much less male char sceenshots, and they mostly pose for some weapon. Well, i think most male characters look the same, so no wonder, and that is not an offense, since there are barely any male character mods, and the chargen options usually allow only a few variations of acceptable (non-ridiculous, actually human looking) settings. It isn't that much better with females, but there are more mods for them, and even anime ones contain something useful sometimes. (i do plan to release a male race for fnv sometimes in the future, i've tried hairs, but the way layering meshes with alphas works in fnv is horrible so i got fed up...)

And I have seen dudes in long fancy purple colored fur coats, in hats and with golden teeth on Miami beach in the heat of a noon. It's America, c'mon... Also I cannot agree that heels are in general sexy so it's more like a matter of taste. It's quite a challenge walking on plain ice in my winter boots, but when I even looking at woman walking on that like this - it hurts. It's absolutely impractical footwear, no idea who invented it and why.

Considering what armor types I've seen for females on Nexus (on main page in hot files, so let's assume those are popular), they basically contain only thin leather stripes or full latex, chains and etc so characters in those look like cheap strippers. On the other hand with all crazy stuff tera armors actually have some plates indicating it is kind of armor... There might be some other female armor that "makes sense" which I probably missed, because it won't go to hot files (too boring, ya?), but I'm sure average casual female player won't be getting something like Immersive Armors, which I find great, because they aren't too fancy and look like vanilla ones too much, I'm I wrong? That leads to pretty awkward conclusion: horny teen boys are main audience here, but as second comes casual female gamer, oh gosh...

It's actually pretty interesting opinion here, as I roleplay, I really never act like I do in games, and this can be easily pictures as manly and brave, or rather like psycho-maniacal, and I perfectly understand I can't pull this stuff in real life, because I will either get in jail or killed, but doing this in games surprisingly doesn't hurt me one bit, on the counterpart - it works like a therapy, but what about females? You have already stated that looking at something you wanna be and know you never will be may hurt, how far does it go I wonder... And here goes MMO topic too, they do know they aren't getting any younger or prettier for real? What's the point?

I had HUGE trouble creating any decent (to be more precise - distinct) looking character in vanilla Oblivion, FO3 or FNV, and I wasn't that interested to use mods, as I exclusively play from first person and in hats/masks/helmets so don't really care. All the difference was basically skin color and hairstyle, though I have absolutely no problem creating male face I want in vanilla Skyrim. Your endeavor is surely pretty unique, very little attention to males, but than again, who will be the target audience for this?

And I have seen dudes in long fancy purple colored fur coats, in hats and with golden teeth on Miami beach in the heat of a noon. It's America, c'mon... Also I cannot agree that heels are in general sexy so it's more like a matter of taste. It's quite a challenge walking on plain ice in my winter boots, but when I even looking at woman walking on that like this - it hurts. It's absolutely impractical footwear, no idea who invented it and why.

Considering what armor types I've seen for females on Nexus (on main page in hot files, so let's assume those are popular), they basically contain only thin leather stripes or full latex, chains and etc so characters in those look like cheap strippers. On the other hand with all crazy stuff tera armors actually have some plates indicating it is kind of armor... There might be some other female armor that "makes sense" which I probably missed, because it won't go to hot files (too boring, ya?), but I'm sure average casual female player won't be getting something like Immersive Armors, which I find great, because they aren't too fancy and look like vanilla ones too much, I'm I wrong? That leads to pretty awkward conclusion: horny teen boys are main audience here, but as second comes casual female gamer, oh gosh...

It's actually pretty interesting opinion here, as I roleplay, I really never act like I do in games, and this can be easily pictures as manly and brave, or rather like psycho-maniacal, and I perfectly understand I can't pull this stuff in real life, because I will either get in jail or killed, but doing this in games surprisingly doesn't hurt me one bit, on the counterpart - it works like a therapy, but what about females? You have already stated that looking at something you wanna be and know you never will be may hurt, how far does it go I wonder... And here goes MMO topic too, they do know they aren't getting any younger or prettier for real? What's the point?

I had HUGE trouble creating any decent (to be more precise - distinct) looking character in vanilla Oblivion, FO3 or FNV, and I wasn't that interested to use mods, as I exclusively play from first person and in hats/masks/helmets so don't really care. All the difference was basically skin color and hairstyle, though I have absolutely no problem creating male face I want in vanilla Skyrim. Your endeavor is surely pretty unique, very little attention to males, but than again, who will be the target audience for this?

High heels are in general sexy. High heels are considered to be sexy by almost every male (and female) on this planet. They are acually the symbol of sexy.

And an additional detail, they are uncomfortable as f*ck.

They make females sexier because the way they walk seems vulnerable (and then males can protect them, wow!) and makes their legs seem longer. (Didnt make this up, scientific studies prove it).

Ok i give an example of wht might be popular with females

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53442/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38053/?

Both skyrim armor page one.

Also, looking at the skyrim hot files, i guess i have the recipe for the ultimate hot female follower (which is the ultimate skyrim mod).

1: KS hairdos, doesnt matter which one u pick , just make sure it'd use a huge amunt of hairspray if it was irl

2: Skin mod that eliminates every "flaw" like dents, wrinkles or actual facial detalis.

3: A mod that adds some fancy (obviously overly saturated) eye colours.

3: The most expensive part, get a pc that handles an enb for your screenshots.

4: The actual part where you might do something, Race Menu. Make a nose as small as possible, face proportions of a baby, cross eyed to look a bit retarded (No offense, i am actually cross eyed a bit, yes i am looking at you kassia follower if you are looking at me, if you know i am looking at you :D.. ), also a slightly opened mouth to show she is about to suck your d*ck.

5: Bouncy boobs body mod.

6: Get an armour mod that shows as many skin as possible.

7: Profit.

About roleplaying in games... you saw my fnv male character. He is a jerk, i guess he is like deadpool asides the assassin part, (i made the char long before i knew who deadpool was), totally like me irl :D When i create female chars, its not much different, i make them as it seems interesting. I dont give a molerats ass if i never become someone like them, i am actually grateful that i won't.

So if my theory about someone playing a character that they want to become irl was true, then i'd like to become a one-eyed scarred insane junkie adrenaline freak dude. So i dont kow much abouut an average female player asides the things i've already stated above.

About chargen, it isn't the hard part to create a realistic, but to create a unique character. I hope if i ever make a male race (not sure about it, maye) i'd address that problem.

Edited by hagyjalbeken

High heels are in general sexy. High heels are considered to be sexy by almost every male (and female) on this planet. They are acually the symbol of sexy.

And an additional detail, they are uncomfortable as f*ck.

They make females sexier because the way they walk seems vulnerable (and then males can protect them, wow!) and makes their legs seem longer. (Didnt make this up, scientific studies prove it).

I seriously hope you're joking here.

First link doesn't work for some reason, but judging by second one, it doesn't make any sense on any level. Combat attire as furry sweater with naked belly and thin leather leggings? It may be better than no armor at all, but still crazy.

Judging by your list further down, I realized I don't know jack about Skyrim modding... or maybe I'm just in completely another dimension of mods. I liked point 3 though: play at 10 FPS but squeeze every drop of power from machine to see ridiculous, out of place stuff on the screen, riiight.

You character doesn't seem like jerk to me, especially taking in account poses he takes and his merry face all the time. :tongue:

So if my theory about someone playing a character that they want to become irl was true, then i'd like to become a one-eyed scarred insane junkie adrenaline freak dude.

Maybe you do, and you just don't know it yet? :wink:

If you mean that i am joking about high heels, no i am not. There are actual studies that prove it. Females seem vulnerable as they walk in them and guys find that attractive, also it twists thier body so their hips come more forward, also meant to be sexy. It is also very unhealthy and painful.

About the mod example, i didnt give it as an example for "believeable", but for what is popular amongst females if we consider that they care a lot about trends and being attractive but don't want to look like a child with balloon boobs dressed as an anime fetish object. Also i tried it and it looks more believeble in game without the poses and effects. Yes, still sexyfied but at least not that ridiculous. The first link was a bit more moderate set of clothig, that shows skin, but something more "idealised romantic medieval ages" style, i'd say "girly", and some of them are even lore friendly.

About skyrim mod trends, if you look at the hot files, there is always at least one generic follower or racemenu preset there that is made with this recipe. I am sure if you mention "skyrim mods" to a casual gamer, he/she pictures either some fancy environment mod or one of these. I also brought this up in response of sexy mods being poplurar as a result of the activity of both genders . In this case i am sure they have a minimal female user base.

And yes, brainlessly installing tons of super shiny mods to drool over them, then wondering why is smoke coming out of their pc... that is also a trend.

About player character-irl person relationship, it seems the majority of males either plays as the idealised version of themselves or as their fantasy sexual partner (and just a small percentage that plays as the opposite gender for roleplaying and story reasons, like me). Females however, they are just happy that they can finally pick their own gender (i do like the option too, as i usually also have female characters that i love to play as).

About me, it's more likely that i want to become a creepy dark elf guy, since i have three of those :) (since morrowind). (heh, i just imagined if i suddenly turned into one, i'd be like "great, how will i explain this to my boss?" :D )

If you mean that i am joking about high heels, no i am not. There are actual studies that prove it. Females seem vulnerable as they walk in them and guys find that attractive, also it twists thier body so their hips come more forward, also meant to be sexy. It is also very unhealthy and painful.

I'm sure these guys received bunch of Ig Nobel Prizes for their invaluable research. And no, not vulnerable, there's another word, and ordinary male chain logic that follows this display is somewhat funny but... unpleasant. Tastes cannot be grouped and described like this, especially human, it feels like some kind of wild BS if I ever heard one.

First link now works, and it makes sense, these clothes and armors look pretty good and believable. I haven't seen anything like this in hot files for a while though...

I don't think idealized version of myself would be huge, angry pumped up black dude all in scars from head to toe, but... who knows.

And I'm sure boss would be more pleased about creepy dark elf guy, instead of adrenaline junkie punk with mutilated face in weird poses. :laugh:

It isn't one weird research, it is more like a thing that was researced by sociologist psichologists and biologists many times i guess. At leat i've read this at many various places, and most of them were the more "serious" kind. And i think it makes sense somehow. Those tiny clumsy steps women take in high heels make men feel they need to protect them, and that is supposed to be feminine, also it makes the way their hips move more "obvious" since its pushed forwards a bit and it "shakes" more as they balance, also makes legs seem longer.

It might not make sense to you, but if you think about it, it isn't more weird then getting horny at the sight of two rounded sacks of fat and milk glands on a chest.

And yes, tastes cannot be generalized but most men do prefer small thin big breasted babyfaced females who see them as the big strong hero. Not surprisingly females prefer big strong heroes who protect them.

To be honest, when we first talked, and i've read back other opinions in this thread and read somwhere you prefer to play as black guys, i unintentionally and unconciously imagined you as black for a short time:) I knew you probably werent, but that picture just popped into my mind.

It happens to me with modders who usually pose the same character for their mod, i imagine that its them (unless its a guy who posts some overly booby chick, then i usually presume a weird teenager :) ) Same thing with forum avatars if it's some kind of character. Or if i chat with an unknown person on phone, they are emojis.

Now i really-really hope i am in the minority with this imagination, with the avatar that is a pug tied to a zeppelin, and the fact that even though all my former mods had screesnshots of both gender and the female pics were first, its the male that got more attention in the comments. Well, even when my profile pic was me with a covered face but long blonde hair and a literally giant pink bow, everyone presumed i was a male.

I dont know which one of my characters is more pleasing, but at least the fnv one can possibly exist on this planet and go out the street without people calling the police or... well, who do you call when you see an alien-like thing/monster/someone with grey skin and red eyes... ghostbusters? :) (and my skyrim darkelf also has some scars and covered in warpaint, soooo...)

(BTW the weird poses were only for the joke, i dont play him like that, just when he makes fun of slutty chicks or something, i just loved the funny "contrast" between the poses and the guy/armor. :D )

It isn't one weird research, it is more like a thing that was researced by sociologist psichologists and biologists many times i guess. At leat i've read this at many various places, and most of them were the more "serious" kind. And i think it makes sense somehow. Those tiny clumsy steps women take in high heels make men feel they need to protect them, and that is supposed to be feminine, also it makes the way their hips move more "obvious" since its pushed forwards a bit and it "shakes" more as they balance, also makes legs seem longer.

It might not make sense to you, but if you think about it, it isn't more weird then getting horny at the sight of two rounded sacks of fat and milk glands on a chest.

And yes, tastes cannot be generalized but most men do prefer small thin big breasted babyfaced females who see them as the big strong hero. Not surprisingly females prefer big strong heroes who protect them.

I heard and read it few times too, but I really doubt seriousness of this "research" and claims, considering psychology or sociology has pretty weak ties to real science... If you had male logic and general way of thinking, you would understand, but it would be extremely weird for me to explain why this stuff is false. There could be some general patterns, but they are too primitive, might fit animal behavior, but certainly not human. Young girls might prefer or dream about heroic figures as their partners, but as soon as they engage in relationships it usually falls off and they see clear picture: they deal with humans, not some made up characters. Same with boys, and this thin faced booby mutant body is more of a imposed image, while they cannot develop tastes for themselves, it usually changes later on.

And no, I'm not black, and never really wanted to be, lol, in fact I'm pretty happy with my appearance and never wanted to be any other way, but for some reason I mainly play as black characters (no racism), it's hard to explain why, maybe it's some additional layer of my self-consciousness or something, but I can certainly say at least in Skyrim it fits very well. :cool:

About avatars, sometimes yes, it happens when you perceive person by picture, but I usually trying to shake it off ASAP. And it's no surprise why most people may think you're a male. Your character doesn't look Twilight or Bieberoid type, and modders are mostly guys too. Outfits are pretty manly and brutal, certainly the types ordinary girl wouldn't design.

No, I wouldn't say people won't call police if they see your dude from FNV, it would be panic! I think TES one may be better, pose as some kind of cosplayer or something, or just think dude had too much at the party, haven't slept few nights... you know. And yeah, I get the joke about poses, just can't keep myself from picking on it. :tongue:

Edited by Signette