I need a Silver Sword

BarefootWarrior

Ummm...heh :ohmy:

Keep in mind I started this game a year ago, and only picked it up again recently after playing TW2. I decided maybe I should go check some things. I found my steel sword. Yep, and guess where? The Inn Keepers storage. Don't ask me how it got there, I have no clue. Maybe at the time I had another weapon and put it there, but I really don't remember.

That being said, my trusty ax is now in the storage and I have a steel sword.

(never gonna live this one down) :blink:

I just finished playing TW1 in order to play TW2, and there are things I already can't recall doing :pinch: (which is why I had to reload a save game to figure out where/when the steel witcher's sword showed up). So after a year, I'm not surprised you don't recall how your sword got into the Inn Keeper's storage. But at least you found it! :dance:

Edited by FastBlackCat

I just went back to TW1 after a month on TW2 and I couldn't remember how to draw my sword to fight. I had to check the tutorial section.

So I shouldn't really be criticising anyone for losing their sword. :)

Still a good game though. I thought it might feel old and clumsy after TW2, but it doesn't.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this game and, still trying to get into it. It's just dragging on and hate to say this, it does feel 'clumsy' to me. None the less, I will continue on and hope this thing picks up. Seems all I am doing is running around and not going ahead with the story. But, now that I have my steel sword, at least I don't look so damn silly in a fight. I'm still learning the game controls, find myself using commands from TW2 and that doesn't always work. :whistling:

I got a red meteorite sword in chapter 1. I had no problem taking down monsters with it. Never hurts to apply some specter oil or some necrophage oil for those tough bosses. Remember Aard is one of your main spells at this point, bhargests and drowners are suckers for that. And dont forget, the witch pays good money for the bhargest skulls (be sure to keep one for the last chapter...)

You can get one red meteor in Kaer Morhen, if you choose to fight the frightner.

You can get another if you give the right responses to the King of Wild Hunt when you are bury the remains in a tomb under the church.

The 3rd one is in the cave full of ghouls.

Cheers!

There's a lot of running around in Chapters 1 and 4, but in Chapter 4 it's story-related. There CAN be a lot of running around in 2 and 3 if you don't plan out your quests, or if you're the type of player who grinds for XP (I must admit to spending large chunks of Chapter 2 killing for XP when I was playing on hard, but it isn't really necessary). Chapters 2 and 3 also have massive amounts of story development, so it more than makes up for it.

I usually went for temporary upgrades to my steel sword, it's a lot cheaper.

Please all take note of LenSquig's comment about keeping one barghest skull.