Among my favorites are:

With Mods:

-Oblivion

-Nehrim (Total conversion for Oblivion)

-Morrowind

-Fallout 3

-Fallout: New Vegas

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

-Minecraft (The only "mod" I currently use for it is a custom texture pack)

Without Mods:

-Warcraft 3/TFT (especially custom games on Battlenet)

-Deus Ex

-Unreal

-System Shock 2

My favorite game out of this entire list is Oblivion (modded). This is the best first person RPG I've played; I liked the combat, the moddability, the graphics, and almost everything else. It also has among the best character customization of any game, especially with mods.

Edited by DeathWarrior

Oh, TCs count? Nehrim is definitely mine, then. Better than Oblivion itself I'd say. Best storyline I've seen yet in a game, along with good dialogue, scenery, and questing.

Forza or the DIRT series.

Literaly no other game gives you nearly the massive adrenaline rush as these two do online. Winning online, or coming near a world record, feels the closest a game gets to winning a real race-you feel unstoppable seing your name in the world top ten, and that's a feeling I'll never get over. A while back I set the fastest rear-wheel drive time on a track in Dirt, the #7th fastest lap ever recorded there aswell-I felt on top of the world, it was great, for those that havent, if you've got racing games, bloody well get online, the sensation of winning your first race against similarly skilled players is amazing-huge adrenaline rush, though you probably will act like a dick afterwoulds, though I assure you, it's hard not to.

That's the best feeling-the feeling, however fleeting, of being the best out of however small a slice of the community, and of having atleast a temporary record that others must strive for, for best experience, it's gotta be EVE Online.

In EVE it's the crucible of hell. There's no taking of prisoners or allowance for the weak, the weak die to feed the strong, their bones crushed into the floor to make way for the next generation, the strong locked in an eteranl struggle for dominance. Surviving in EVE long enough to get a big mean T-2 Battleship is a great feeling. Leaving port and knowing you could smash any idiot stupid enough to mock you is a great feeling.

Knights of the Old Republic II.

It was the first "real" game I ever played. I can never thank my brother enough for deciding to buy this at his birthday, instead of some horrible game I wished he bought. I recently played it again, after so long, then I remembered why I loved it in the first place. Well, this Let's Play helps too.

I searched "cut content" with Google. And guess what's the first result? :laugh:

Morrowind for me. Sure, it is old, and dated, but, I still think it is the best game I have ever played.

]

The only thing I didn't like about morrowind was the slowness of it. But then again, I was playing that before I knew anything about mods or plugins.

Dragon Age: Origins was the singleplayer game I poured the most hours into out of any other, so that's something. Seriously, that game was magical when I was first playing it. After the first playthrough, it was still fun, but knowing what's going to happen beforehand kind of ruins a story-based game like that.

Other than that, there's World of Warcraft, THE game I've put the most hours into (I haven't played for over half a year now, though). My most recent playing showed me how down-and-dirty guild drama and raiding could get, plus the monotony of leveling through Outland again...however, the game certainly has some amazing experiences, ESPECIALLY when it's still brand new. In fact, I'd say that the game was at its unpolished best before any expansions came out, but that's probably just nostalgia talking. I personally dislike the new direction the game has gone in (making questing completely linear and speedy to the point of powerleveling) but I still have some great (and some bad) memories of it. The best memories I have are of playing the game with my IRL friends, especially when both I and a friend managed to get an incredibly rare item, the Battered Hilt, on the same day by sheer chance. I certainly still remember my friend's overjoyed/triumphant/ridiculously dramatic shouts when he got it.

Oblivion is starting to become my number 1, now, though. Mods make the game into a whole new beast. The graphics are the best I've ever seen (besides the new Gran Turismo, which I don't own and haven't played anyway) to the point where I still go to scenic locations to take awesome screenshots. Of course, numerous bugs are starting to kill the experience somewhat now. I've still yet to fully explore the main quest, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, the Thieves' Guild, the Fighters' Guild...and I haven't even tried any overhauls except OOO so far - for that matter, I've yet to do a single OOO quest.

Edited by rinoaff33

Other than that, there's World of Warcraft, THE game I've put the most hours into (I haven't played for over half a year now, though). My most recent playing showed me how down-and-dirty guild drama and raiding could get, plus the monotony of leveling through Outland again...however, the game certainly has some amazing experiences, ESPECIALLY when it's still brand new. In fact, I'd say that the game was at its unpolished best before any expansions came out, but that's probably just nostalgia talking. I personally dislike the new direction the game has gone in (making questing completely linear and speedy to the point of powerleveling) but I still have some great (and some bad) memories of it. The best memories I have are of playing the game with my IRL friends, especially when both I and a friend managed to get an incredibly rare item, the Battered Hilt, on the same day by sheer chance. I certainly still remember my friend's overjoyed/triumphant/ridiculously dramatic shouts when he got it.

It was a fun game a long time ago. Level 20 in Ashenvale and you just get a nice shopping list of quests to do and work your way through them. And get eaten alive by a horde of murlocs.

I hate that game so much now...