Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37136210. #37136415, #37137680, #37137905, #37138945, #37138955, #37139260, #37140390 are all replies on the same post.

LordCybot wrote: So Bethesda is evidently trying to kick Nexus off the market, if you use NMM you'll have to re enable mod from Fallout 4's new mod menu every time you start the game.
EVERY TIME.

For anyone with more than a dozen or so ESPs this will become a literal nightmare.
Zeedric wrote: A problem this big will either not stay in the game for long, or be resolved by the modding community
KotovChaos wrote: I've never had to do this. I can even arrange and activate/deactivate the plugins I got from Bethesda.net from NMM after I use the game to download them first.

If your game is giving you the warning that your plugins are missing:
1)Go into appdata where plugins.txt is
2)delete plugins.txt,
3)then go into NMM and uncheck then recheck any single esp or to be cautious use the uncheck/check all buttons. It should have remade the plugins.txt file in the folder.
4)open plugins.txt to make sure the right .esps have *s next to them.
5)Then I set it to read-only just to be safe and everything loaded.

You may have to do this every time you change mods but that's less of a pain then using the mod menu every time you launch. You might not have to do it every time either but I've had to do it a couple times.
Augusta Calidia wrote: This is not universally the case. I have 44 active ESPs. Once I re-enabled them after the v1.5 update, I have not had to re-enable them since. I am using NMM v0.61.17.

I know re-enabling is a real problem for many NMM users, and I have no explanation for why the problem affects some but not others. I wish I could help, but I just don't know enough about how these things work.
KotovChaos wrote: I know it's not universal. Almost nothing in modding is. I was simply stating that NMM isn't unusable. Whether they have to do this often or not, I just meant they can still use NMM and not touch the in game mod menu.
ThomasHild wrote: Would be really great, if this works. But believe it or not, I cannot find a appdata or plugins.txt
Where do I have zo look for it ? Thanks so much.
Augusta Calidia wrote: @KotovChaos I was not responding to you but to the original post by LordCybot.

I appreciate all the good information that you've been providing for folks who are having problems. It's nice to see someone who genuinely wants to help.
Ornstein0 wrote: I also cant find this plugins.txt. Lol

What happens for me is:
A) if I go into the in-game Mods section, then everything I originally installed via NMM is disabled, I need to re-enable everything (including the mods downloaded through the Mods section?), and it is a nightmare (as important historians have said).
B) if I don't touch the in-game Mods section, then the game seems to accept the collection of mods I already had set up through the NMM.

Edit: aaaaaand nevermind. Didn't do that consistently for me either. Edited by devonapple

I was looking around ( program files x86 / steam / steamapps / common / fallout 4) --- the 'Mods' file is empty ... and I know it wasn't before. It was 'updated' today at 2:27 p,m CST ... ​So, did this action on Bethesda's part remove all mods from my system? Once this 'process' of Bethesda has completed, I guess I'll need to download all mods again? I was in survival mode is that why this occurred?

Edited by HoneyRebecca

In response to post #37135690. #37135865 is also a reply to the same post.

MajorDick wrote: For those getting CTDs (Crash To Desktop) with saved games after the latest patch (1.5.157.0), and you are using DEF_UI, you need to installed the DEF_HUD_15147patch

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654/?tab=2&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10654&pUp=1

After the latest FO4 patch (1.5.157.0) that dropped today, I received continuous CTDs trying to load saved games. I tried numerous things; disabling mods, etc., but nothing worked until I loaded DEF_HUD_15147patch, and it worked on the first try. Although it says it is for 1.5.147, it worked with 1.5.157.0.

I am off and playing again from my latest save without any issues so far.

I hope that helps everyone.
Outlander3734 wrote: If anybody is still having issues even after this, you need to change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point.

thank you outlander i was going crazy that most mods were not working, you just saved me

In response to post #37136210. #37136415, #37137680, #37137905, #37138945, #37138955, #37139260, #37140390, #37141855 are all replies on the same post.

LordCybot wrote: So Bethesda is evidently trying to kick Nexus off the market, if you use NMM you'll have to re enable mod from Fallout 4's new mod menu every time you start the game.
EVERY TIME.

For anyone with more than a dozen or so ESPs this will become a literal nightmare.
Zeedric wrote: A problem this big will either not stay in the game for long, or be resolved by the modding community
KotovChaos wrote: I've never had to do this. I can even arrange and activate/deactivate the plugins I got from Bethesda.net from NMM after I use the game to download them first.

If your game is giving you the warning that your plugins are missing:
1)Go into appdata where plugins.txt is
2)delete plugins.txt,
3)then go into NMM and uncheck then recheck any single esp or to be cautious use the uncheck/check all buttons. It should have remade the plugins.txt file in the folder.
4)open plugins.txt to make sure the right .esps have *s next to them.
5)Then I set it to read-only just to be safe and everything loaded.

You may have to do this every time you change mods but that's less of a pain then using the mod menu every time you launch. You might not have to do it every time either but I've had to do it a couple times.
Augusta Calidia wrote: This is not universally the case. I have 44 active ESPs. Once I re-enabled them after the v1.5 update, I have not had to re-enable them since. I am using NMM v0.61.17.

I know re-enabling is a real problem for many NMM users, and I have no explanation for why the problem affects some but not others. I wish I could help, but I just don't know enough about how these things work.
KotovChaos wrote: I know it's not universal. Almost nothing in modding is. I was simply stating that NMM isn't unusable. Whether they have to do this often or not, I just meant they can still use NMM and not touch the in game mod menu.
ThomasHild wrote: Would be really great, if this works. But believe it or not, I cannot find a appdata or plugins.txt
Where do I have zo look for it ? Thanks so much.
Augusta Calidia wrote: @KotovChaos I was not responding to you but to the original post by LordCybot.

I appreciate all the good information that you've been providing for folks who are having problems. It's nice to see someone who genuinely wants to help.
Ornstein0 wrote: I also cant find this plugins.txt. Lol
devonapple wrote: What happens for me is:
A) if I go into the in-game Mods section, then everything I originally installed via NMM is disabled, I need to re-enable everything (including the mods downloaded through the Mods section?), and it is a nightmare (as important historians have said).
B) if I don't touch the in-game Mods section, then the game seems to accept the collection of mods I already had set up through the NMM.

Edit: aaaaaand nevermind. Didn't do that consistently for me either.

Oh yeah sorry. I hope you don't think I was snapping at you Augusta.
If people have the folder but not txt file... That's weird you need that. Make sure your programs have permission to write into the folder. If you can't find the folder you may not have hidden folders visible in windows.
The exact path is:
C:/users/(the user account you're on now)/Appdata/local/Fallout4

If you don't have hidden folders visible you will go into your user name and not see appdata.
google how to unhide it on your OS

Like I said I've only had to do this a couple times and maybe setting it to read-only AFTER you make changes helps. Make sure it ISN'T read-only while your making changes. But NMM CAN still modify the plugin files.

In response to post #37142310.

HoneyRebecca wrote:

I was looking around ( program files x86 / steam / steamapps / common / fallout 4) --- the 'Mods' file is empty ... and I know it wasn't before. It was 'updated' today at 2:27 p,m CST ... ​So, did this action on Bethesda's part remove all mods from my system? Once this 'process' of Bethesda has completed, I guess I'll need to download all mods again? I was in survival mode is that why this occurred?

mine only has 3 things in it. I think that's because I've only downloaded 3 things directly through the game. I don't remember that folder ever being used before, so my guess is it's only for mods from Bethesda.net. I googled and nobody mentions any installation of mods involving that folder. check you 'data' folder. If you still have plugins, ba2s, and loose folders from mods, that means they are still there but failing to activate. If they are still there and not activating check your plugins.txt file and see if the mods have * next to them.

In response to post #37141235.

maxeminem777 wrote: I got a really weird problem...everything works fine,but sprinting doesn't work.I changed the commands and everything,but no luck.Any suggestions?

some mods do that. I think it's an ini bug that some things cause. Maybe during all this patch mess some values got changed. Spring Cleaning talked about it some so you may start there for hints.

In response to post #37140225.

Ornstein0 wrote: CTD about 7 seconds into the main menu loading. My game already gave me trouble,i had to relaunch f4se over and over through nmm and eventually it would work. now, it never works. 2 steps forward 1 step back.

I don't use f4se yet, but I believe I read that the current Fallout version isn't compatible with it just yet. They were talking about it in the post section of SKE.

so how do we do this as well with mod organizer 2 i got the def ui ctd fixed with the update but this turning them on and after i leave the game and it turns them all off in the mod manager to where i have to turn those all on again and yet again even in game is a hassle are they saying to the community they dont want us modding anymore especially with the turning off achievements as well

I made my mods work. I had trouble too trying to load my game after the official 1.5. I was playing fine with 1.4 and all my mods worked fine before. After 1.5, i would load up my game, made sure everything was correctly checked in NMM and my game would crash while loading. So all I did was open NMM again, ran LOOT, ran Fallout 4. Then under the new mods tab I signed in with Bethesda.net. After that a message popped up saying my load order changed. Hit ok, and my game ran fine. Did a few quests, etc. Also checked to see if any mods weren't working correctly and haven't found anything wrong YET. I have my ini's just like they were at 1.4. Except now I run Fallout4.exe instead of F4se. I hope this helps. But take it with a grain of salt cuz I started modding like 4 months ago and I barely know a thing. Just the bare basics.

Good luck. And sorry if anything written here sounds stupid...

Edit: Forgot to say that all my mods where already enabled when I entered the new mod menu. I didnt need to enable mods one by one or any of that. I also had to update DEF_UI.

Edited by jeito23