Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37145435.

MechaReptar wrote: CTD on loading saves after updating. Disabled all mods, CTD as soon as menu loads. reset Ini, CTD. Verified files, CTD. Removed F4SE, CTD. Unistalling now, will see if it still does after I reinstall.

I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37145435. #37145555 is also a reply to the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: CTD on loading saves after updating. Disabled all mods, CTD as soon as menu loads. reset Ini, CTD. Verified files, CTD. Removed F4SE, CTD. Unistalling now, will see if it still does after I reinstall.
misshalcyon wrote: I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?

Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX? Edited by MechaReptar

In response to post #37135690. #37135865, #37142420 are all replies on the same post.

MajorDick wrote: For those getting CTDs (Crash To Desktop) with saved games after the latest patch (1.5.157.0), and you are using DEF_UI, you need to installed the DEF_HUD_15147patch

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654/?tab=2&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10654&pUp=1

After the latest FO4 patch (1.5.157.0) that dropped today, I received continuous CTDs trying to load saved games. I tried numerous things; disabling mods, etc., but nothing worked until I loaded DEF_HUD_15147patch, and it worked on the first try. Although it says it is for 1.5.147, it worked with 1.5.157.0.

I am off and playing again from my latest save without any issues so far.

I hope that helps everyone.
Outlander3734 wrote: If anybody is still having issues even after this, you need to change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point.
dimysama wrote: thank you outlander i was going crazy that most mods were not working, you just saved me

Hi
:armscrossed: oh my god. it works now.

I did what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said.
and all my mods load in and the game works fine. I CTD every time but not now.

But first I had to Update NMM. or nothing worked.

so thanks to all of you for saving my game. :thumbsup: and blast the Bethesda silly updating.:verymad:

I'll just add. I have 131 mods all turned on and from Nexus.
and they now all are working. Edited by soulgamers

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640 are all replies on the same post.

misshalcyon wrote: I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?
MechaReptar wrote: Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX?

I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740 are all replies on the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX?
misshalcyon wrote: I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.

Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810 are all replies on the same post.

misshalcyon wrote: I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.
MechaReptar wrote: Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.

Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810, #37146130 are all replies on the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.
misshalcyon wrote: Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.

I'll let you know how it goes for me. Maybe save you the hassle. Hoping I find something elsewhere that with help also.

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810, #37146130, #37146205 are all replies on the same post.

misshalcyon wrote: Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.
MechaReptar wrote: I'll let you know how it goes for me. Maybe save you the hassle. Hoping I find something elsewhere that with help also.

Hi
Try what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said
in the post just below this run. all mods are now work for me. and no more CTD.
:yes: :thumbsup:
I also are using SweetFX and all are working.

i'll just add, thank god for those who know what they are doing. I'll not login to Steam any more. . I usually play offline. Edited by soulgamers

Whenever I try to spawn in a modded-in weapon (M1911, M9, MK14 EBR), it shows up in my inventory, but opening the pipboy inventory tab causes a CTD without any kind of error message. I managed to equip the mk14, somehow, but it is invisible in my hands. It can still be modded at a workbench and fire normally. My other mods seem to be working fine. Can anyone tell me what the issue is?

According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.

Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.