The Game the Intro Promised

charwo

Main thing that bothers me about fallout 4 is

1: The lack of real choices (other then what faction to join there really arent any)

2: The reduction of RPG elements

3: The dumbing down of the communication between the player and NPC's

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I wish I played this game in it's entirety before I even picked up the witcher 3, because that game sets the bar so high in terms of writing, pacing and character development. I felt more attached to Ciri after the 20 minute long dream prologue of that game then I did to Shaun after 200 hours in fallout 4.

Just because something is better doesn't everything blow is just worse and you can't enjoy it. That just odd.

And how can you connect to a baby as a person?

Is that even possible? I mean, if you mean him as father, I agree, but, as a baby?

with the likes of Bioware.

With character writing yes.

Everything else, no.

They can't even market new ips now.

New Vegas did the story telling and companions better than 3 or 4 have. The open world was better used as well. 3 and NV had better atmosphere than 4 does. And 4 has better game play than the others.

The open world was better used as well.

How?

The starting area was horrible, you are blocking via landscape and walls from going where you want in the starting area. the starting area had also a lot of deadly creatures around it, but no hunters, snipers or any sort of guards anywhere as any town would have or show it for example.

Edited by Boombro

strong is my favourite character
I really like his style, except the part where he doesn't understand stealing other people's stuff so that I have more bullets to strongly shoot at people and so on (IE: tactics and logistics)
this part is annoying, but it's part of who he is, so I tolerate it, I'd like to see the companions part of the politics, for there to be a genuine requirement of choice between various diverse and well expanded factions if we're going to go that route, so that you don't lose out on a great experience but certain nuanced elements are lost if you choose a different route, but you can replay the game then

also fallout 4 is basically an engine upgrade, I hope they add character to the whole thing through the DLC, but damn, yeah, heh, wow - they've done some good stuff, but at the same time it's like you can see where they barebones'd it

the baby storyline was meh, I don't mind though, an initial excuse plot is fine, rather I'm annoyed at the lack of a multi-faction diverse open world shifting experience with power blocs, intrigue and betrayal everywhere~
that, really gets to me

the world WAS better used in some ways, I've seen the starting area over and over and over again, still kinda nice (me and mods aren't getting along I might have to nuke and restart everything from scratch oh well - I want far harbour asap)

Main thing that bothers me about fallout 4 is

1: The lack of real choices (other then what faction to join there really arent any)

2: The reduction of RPG elements

3: The dumbing down of the communication between the player and NPC's

Edited by tartarsauce2

..... The open world was better used as well. 3 and NV had better atmosphere than 4 does. And 4 has better game play than the others.

That is what disappointed me in this game. The lack-luster environment. As I already stated, 200 years, sorry - Mom Nature would have recovered and I'm even talking the "Glowing Sea".

As stated, I was not expecting Skyrim - but I certainly was expecting a little more reality than this offers ....

The story lines to are rather shallow - I mean, Strong, seriously? As stated, I was not expecting Faux or Ganny, but seriously, you had to go to the most annoying, I wanna nuke this Mutant and did .... but had to send him to a different settlement.

. o O (I wonder if he ate them or if they killed him? I guess I should go check???)

The open world was better used as well.

How?

The starting area was horrible, you are blocking via landscape and walls from going where you want in the starting area. the starting area had also a lot of deadly creatures around it, but no hunters, snipers or any sort of guards anywhere as any town would have or show it for example.

100% agree to this.

Not one place in FNV had decent enough fortifications outside of the city.

All those hole in the wall towns should have been over run by mole rats well before Caesar or NCR made it into the area.

jjb54, on 16 May 2016 - 8:12 PM, said:

minngarm, on 16 May 2016 - 1:28 PM, said:

..... The open world was better used as well. 3 and NV had better atmosphere than 4 does. And 4 has better game play than the others.

That is what disappointed me in this game. The lack-luster environment. As I already stated, 200 years, sorry - Mom Nature would have recovered and I'm even talking the "Glowing Sea".

As stated, I was not expecting Skyrim - but I certainly was expecting a little more reality than this offers ....

The story lines to are rather shallow - I mean, Strong, seriously? As stated, I was not expecting Faux or Ganny, but seriously, you had to go to the most annoying, I wanna nuke this Mutant and did .... but had to send him to a different settlement.

. o O (I wonder if he ate them or if they killed him? I guess I should go check???)

Your opinion wouldn't even fit with the Lore of Fallout 1.

So your late to discuss it like its Bethsada's fault....I mean come on 1997 was a long time ago now. So almost 20 years ago maybe you could have put in your idea that it was too devastated...I'm talking back when it was Interplay's Baby.

Maybe you should I don't know address it as Interplay's fault. Cause the reality is they set the theme and that tone demands that there are in fact going to be places like the Glowing Sea.

Edited by gamefever