File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

From the comment added at the bottom of the desc on archived mods: "This file has been archived from File Front which shut down on April 30th, 2016 and would otherwise have been lost forever. With help from the archiveteam.org and some former staff from File Front we have retained this file for prosperity."

Prosperity very much indeed!

Cheers and thanks for doing this!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, I hope you manage to get it all.

Really need a similar site to preserve game patches too, it's getting hard already to find them for old games sometimes. I fear the patches scrolls won't last the decade.

Many are already lost to the net long ago when cdrom.com just up and disappeared.

Edited by RoyBatterian

This post exemplifies some of my favorite qualities of the Nexusmods system; led by a person that makes executive decisions with transparency, and a desire to support the preservation, and presentation, of user-generated content.

Thanks for the update, and for the service to the community.

In response to post #37986910.

RoyBatterian wrote: That's great, I hope you manage to get it all.

Really need a similar site to preserve game patches too, it's getting hard already to find them for old games sometimes. I fear the patches scrolls won't last the decade.

Many are already lost to the net long ago when cdrom.com just up and disappeared.

The best solution to this would probably be for users to upload the patches themselves (as has been done for both Morrowind and Oblivion for instance).

When uploading the patches to the site, simply put them in a suggested "Patches" category.

In response to post #37974195.

jim_uk wrote: Fantastic work, it would be such a shame to see all that work lost forever, it reminds me of the hundreds of Morrowind mods that's are lost forever thanks to various hosts closing down.

This!

And although there is Morrowind Modding History I just feel that all those mods there should also be brought to the Nexus as well. The more places these mods are the less of a chance we have of losing them.

In response to post #37986910. #37988300 is also a reply to the same post.

RoyBatterian wrote: That's great, I hope you manage to get it all.

Zaldiir wrote: The best solution to this would probably be for users to upload the patches themselves (as has been done for both Morrowind and Oblivion for instance).

When uploading the patches to the site, simply put them in a suggested "Patches" category.

Is that allowed? I'd be worried about getting warned for uploading copyright material. If old patches are fine then I might so go and collect a few up before they vanish.

In response to post #37974195. #37991185 is also a reply to the same post.

jim_uk wrote: Fantastic work, it would be such a shame to see all that work lost forever, it reminds me of the hundreds of Morrowind mods that are lost forever thanks to various hosts closing down.
Psijonica wrote: This!

And although there is Morrowind Modding History I just feel that all those mods there should also be brought to the Nexus as well. The more places these mods are the less of a chance we have of losing them.

I've got an old CD somewhere with loads of Morrowind mods on it, I'll have to hunt it down and prey it's still readable.