File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37986910. #37988300, #37991440 are all replies on the same post.

RoyBatterian wrote: That's great, I hope you manage to get it all.

Really need a similar site to preserve game patches too, it's getting hard already to find them for old games sometimes. I fear the patches scrolls won't last the decade.

Many are already lost to the net long ago when cdrom.com just up and disappeared.
Zaldiir wrote: The best solution to this would probably be for users to upload the patches themselves (as has been done for both Morrowind and Oblivion for instance).

When uploading the patches to the site, simply put them in a suggested "Patches" category.
jim_uk wrote: Is that allowed? I'd be worried about getting warned for uploading copyright material. If old patches are fine then I might so go and collect a few up before they vanish.

We don't have any problem with game patches being uploaded.

It is specifically because of this post I purchased a 3mo membership just to say thank you!!!!! I only recently got back into gaming, and knowing I'll be able to find mods for my old standbys is great! Thank you for protecting and preserving this for all of us.

your doing important work by saving these. people of nexus should be recognized in their effort to preserve the talents of past modders. thanks nexus for being

This is great news Robin! It makes me happy to hear that so many files will be saved by doing this. Perhaps for the time it takes to move those files over to the nexus properly the Nexus logo should be switched to a life preserver? Good times good times!!^^

-Natterforme

I was a Super Moderator on their old forums, and continuing that job on our new forum site, FilesNation. That was a great 6 years. I am very glad we have FileTrekker leading the team to backup as much as we can. Best staff member, ever. Edited by Lindaleff

While I can't compare losing FileFront to the loss of the Library of Alexandria, we DO need to take a lesson from it and understand that everything should be saved.

I applaud the Nexus for stepping up and trying to save a piece of internet history.

There are mods that I remember using for Morrowind back in 2003, that I just cannot find anymore, as there are less and less "official" places to find them, and even then, some of those places only have a handful of mods that they managed to save.

We're supposed to be in the "Information Age", an age where information is ABUNDANT, not Lost.

Thankfully the Nexus has decided to preserve some of that information.

I have never played those games, even though I was in my late 20's to mid 30's during that time. And I will never play them now, but I am glad they are being saved for use here at Nexus. It helps to make this seem like a mega-site!