⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Why do people seem to prefer Fallout New vegas to fallout 3.

arcane20

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pipboy is far more falloutish than a pda in design and feel. Just because it wasnt there from the start doesnt make it a bad choice. a PDA would make me feel like i was playing STALKER again, not a bad game, but would cut down on a lot of immersion imo.

Can you see a big fat pipboy on this picture (from the ending of the first Fallout):

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/36765-4-1289138144.jpg

I think not. :happy:

The Pipboy 2000 made sense.

The Fallout 3 Pipboy 3000 is just silly.

Seriously I can't see what is inherently "falloutish" about a big piece of garbage that is attached to the left forearm, can't be removed and messes up almost every (vanilla) armours. I don't expect F3 fanatics to agree with me but IMO any player character looks stupid wearing a Power Armour with one of those clunky pipboys 3000...

Are they supposed to be used to dodge bullets just like Wonder Woman's bulletproof bracelets? :wallbash:

Edited by Shantih

I don't think people will care as long as you start with a normal one.

You cannot have spent much time around Fallout fans :) Oh they can care. They can care to the point of being slightly worrying. Each fan has his own idea of what a 'real' fallout game should have, and will attack with ruthless abandon anything or anyone who dares disagree. Even having the option to change Pipboy in the Vanilla game will cause mayhem and gnashing of teeth in the extreme. I guarantee it. Sacred symbols such as the Pipboy, Vault, Ghouls etc would be best left untouched by the developers and modders can take that up without risk of the mob lyching them.

Trust me on this: Don't mess with the lore!

But they already messed with the Lore by changing Ghouls, Pipboys, and Vaults suits in Fallout 3...

And why do you think originalFallout fans consider F3 to be a heresy? :laugh:

Granted, I'm not a rabid Fallout fan but I'm still annoyed by many things in F3, the clunky pipboy 3000 being one of them. At least until I found a very simple way to make it invisible with some vanilla armours and most modded armours:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36765

Doesn't work with power armours unfortunately. ;)

The issue isnt the pipboy 3000 itself, its the designers errors, it could easily be integrated into any armor, cut out room for the display and knobs, even a cover piece on power armor that it would socket into to open and close as needed. There are tons of ways it could have been fixed, they just were to lazy to do it. The pipboy just feels so much more fallout than a PDA, which to me feels far to STALKERish to fit into the world. The developers have been changing lore since the end of FO1, its nothing to get upset about, its a work in progress to create an entire universe, just like with Star wars, and Star Trek, just adapt to the changes and continue on.