The True Nature of Oblivion

Marxist ßastard

Here's what I've figured out:

Oblivion is a game where you help a prince (Osama bin Laden of the Saudi royal family) gain dominion over land he thinks is rightfully his. This prince has been separated from the rest of the royal family, but ultimately that spared him from corruption (US foreign policy with respect to Saudi Arabia, and the loss of popularity that resulted for the Saudi royal family) at the hands of Jagar Tharn. In the interim, he was known to have made pacts with the daedra, and benefit from their immense power (Osama bin Laden fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, with US support).

However, the daedra (US troops) are now in Martin's land (Saudi Arabia) --- and although they haven't taken any overt action yet due to Radiant AI (the slow and confused US political process), he just knows they're about to, and thus their very presence is an affront to the religion to which Martin is now a priest (shiekh), the Imperial Cult (Islam: to wit, another religion that starts with an "i"). Remember, this enemy practically enslaved (European imperialism and the establishment of Israel) Martin's race (Arabs) before; they're absolute evil. However, how can one possibly fight this enemy, who has shown time and time again to have greater numbers and better technology than Martin's Blades (Al-Qaida)? Initial attempts at engagement (the 1998 embassy bombings and the sinking of the USS Cole) through skirmishes and the barricade at Kvatch have failed, because the Blades were fighting a defensive battle in their own lands (Muslim East Africa and the adjacent Red Sea). However, all that was soon to change...

Enter the player (a 9/11 hijacker). Instead of fighting the enemy in his own land, the player --- with Martin's aid and advice --- enters Mehrunes Dagon's realm (the realm of the great white Satan, America). He takes a plane (a commercial airliner) of Oblivion by force, and drives himself to the tallest tower in the land (the World Trade Center). The player knows that if he topples the tower, then Mehrunes Dagon's realm will collapse (the economic and morale collapse that the hijackers were hoping to provoke) --- shatter into a million pieces --- and he will no longer have to deal with the Daedric invasion (once more, the US forces in Saudia Arabia) again. Inspired solely by the quest arrow (his own religious obligations), he throws himself upon the tower, and his enemies --- and himself --- are enveloped in a wall of flame (the fireball from the airliner hitting the World Trade Center) as the tower crashes to the ground. The player is only certain that he is executing the will of Akatosh (Allah: to wit, another deity that begins with an "a").

I won't progress any further into tho storyline, since I know some of you haven't played the game yet and I don't want to spoil anything. Keep in mind that although I've only covered a very small portion of the main quest, I already have a very large (and compelling) body of evidence, and that could only possibly grow were I to investigate all other aspects of the game. Suffice it to say, the game features several instances of martyrdom later in its storyline, all with hints of a greater reward awaiting all those who gave their lives in the Oblivion Invasion (the jihad against America). Even throwing all this evidence aside, there is still one glaring piece of evidence that Todd Howard and other haters of freedom at BethSoft hope they can slip past us: the Oblivion Game of the Year edition has a staggered release in North America, which takes place between two dates: September 10th and September 11th. It's obvious that now he's already got the RPG community's money, Todd Howard is just trying to make a fool out of us.

(I'm going away for a bit; hopefully, my travels will bring me closer to the truth behind BethSoft and the Oblivion terrorist conspiracy. There is no doubt the road I walk will be perilous, and I may not be able to follow up on this thread. Please, get the word out about Oblivion's true nature, and what may become of Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls 5. Use this post --- in part or in whole, and in whatever way is necessary --- in fulfilling the obligation you have, as a decent human being, to let the truth be heard.)

I regret that there's nothing I can do about Oblivion at this point. Todd Howard already has my money, and the taint of this game infected my computer for almost twelve hours before I uninstalled it. However, it's not too late to make an effort to preserve the innocence of Fallout communities, of which I know RPG Codex and No Mutants Allowed are eagerly awaiting Todd Howard's Fallout 3 --- but alas, I am only one man.

Yeah. Good on you Marxist.

But you seem to have forgotten the 'Nine'. That of course is three times three, thus linking it closely to the religion that begins with C. In that, one who ascended later made it more powerful and it is of course on the side of RIGHT (i.e right wing). If you have KOTN you'll know that this blessed or 'holy' ghost comes to talk to you near the beginning and encourages you to smite the infidel by going on a crusade. (In reality I think it's all down to the prophet - er, profit - motive. Well realistically ALL religions are based on the profit - er, prophet - motive.)

Now somehow that seems to conflict with your earlier suggestion so... Why don't we let Shivering Isles be the ultimate assessment?

I'll be pleased to hear your views on that.

Nice post.

Now somehow that seems to conflict with your earlier suggestion so... Why don't we let Shivering Isles be the ultimate assessment?

I'll be pleased to hear your views on that.

Me too. Come on MB, surprise us!

I am astonished and horrified that the powers-that-be have overlooked the very obvious connections pointed out by Marxist. :ohmy:

The mere presence of an assassins' guild - the Dark Brotherhood - should have been warning enough. :ph34r:

I urge Marxist to continue his investigation, in the name of liberty, equality, and kittens. Won't somebody please think of the kittens! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
What did I tell you? What did I tell you, huh? September 11th comes, everyone's laughing at Marxist — until the terrorists (of course under direction of Todd Howard) take over Morrowind Chronicles Morrowind Mod Library MWSource TESSource TESNexus. Although Dark0ne has managed to cook up some sort of "managerial crisis" because he is convinced it's for the good of the community to ignore this threat, his deception has proved quite transparent. This is the day we've all been preparing for, people! Rise up to face your enemy!

Archived