Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

This may interest people here. It's Kreisher himself apologizing in a video for using files without permission. He also speaks about Tesnexus and the previous thread here.

It's called - Apology....I haven't watched all of it since it goes on and on for nearly 7 minutes and is repetitive. It was posted on July 6th this year.

http://gmod.com/video/Gmod%20Apology

Yep, that was posted in the original thread that was made, found here if you want to read that.

It seems to me he doesn't have much respect for the modding community based on these actions...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remove my mod 'Shezrie's Towns' from your website site immediately. I specifically state that it is not to be anywhere other then Tes Nexus and Oblivion's Real Estate. That includes the hosting of all pictures, descriptions etc. Right now the download link points directly to the download on Tes Nexus and I will not be a part of stealing someone elses bandwidth and costing them money.

I will also not have my mod up on another site where I will not be following comments and feedback. Please remove my mod now. Thank you.

Edited by Guest

This may interest people here. It's Kreisher himself apologizing in a video for using files without permission. He also speaks about Tesnexus and the previous thread here.

It's called - Apology....I haven't watched all of it since it goes on and on for nearly 7 minutes and is repetitive. It was posted on July 6th this year.

If you Google Gmod.com you find other sites with complaints including Bioware as well as a heap of Gmod promotion pages.

BTW I only bothered because my games drive died today and I have nothing better to do at the moment but grieve for it.

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Yep, that was posted in the original thread that was made, found here if you want to read that.

It seems to me he doesn't have much respect for the modding community based on these actions...

He did stupid crap, apologized then did stupid crap again. Its a 'company' of a couple of marketing guys. If they don't have ads or premium membership where do they get the money for their website hosting. Plus they would want to profit sometime too.

If you Google Gmod.com you find other sites with complaints including Bioware as well as a heap of Gmod promotion pages.

BTW I only bothered because my games drive died today and I have nothing better to do at the moment but grieve for it.

I've updated the thread over at Bioware about their latest antics, maybe those who are members of other communities should spread the word so steps can be taken to protect their bandwidth.

By the way, in order to find your mods on there you have to do a search. Browsing categories shows me mostly Lhammond's stuff, but when I searched I found a bunch of entries for Maigrets' mods. The ones I checked were hotlinked to the file serving page as was the example kriesher himself posted. By the way.. has anyone noticed that he hasn't been back to comment? I'm taking that to mean that this entire thread was just an announcement and nothing more, and that they are going to go ahead with their plan regardless of what people think.

Let's just hope modders don't get fed up with this further abuse and end up pulling their mods and leaving.

To be honest I know I am getting really tired of this crap. Maybe I am just severly burn't out with modding right now, but this constant need to protect my hard work from people who just want to make money from it with no respect for my wishes...it just seems too much right now. Yes my mods appeal to a smaller audiance, but nevertheless, they are the fruits of my hard labour, massive amounts of hard labour, 5 years to be more exact. The friggin 'compilations' and 'suspect websites'....why am I releasing mods?

On the website side...

If you want to have a modding website do it from the ground up like we all did....Dark One...me with Oblivion's Real Estate....we all started with a unique idea and worked HARD to grow it into something special...and it took YEARS. But we earned the respect of the modding community through our hard work and dedication. THAT is the way to build a site. You want respect, you have to earn it. Have a unique idea and work hard. Any other way is doomed to failure.

Edited by Guest

IIRC there was a court case quite a number of years back regarding this exact issue: someone setup a website with their own ads etc. but their content window had all the content from other websites. The original content websites advertising was hidden. IIRC the bandwitch leeches (lets call them what they are, pirates) lost.

The court case was brought by a major web service, someone one the scale of Yahoo or Amazon at the time. Can't recall exactly who the two parties were it was so long ago.

This is just like the Napster (I think it was Napster...) court case. Napster (or whatever) sued for a vast amount of money for allowing users to download content without the author's permission. I believe that your site just about smacks of the same thing, which could possibly be called piracy and get you a nice big fine or jail time...

Anyway, I agree with the majority in that I do not want anything of mine to appear on your site (despite the fact I don't have anything yet).

Edited by GrueMaster