Everyone is miserable.

Lehcar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but I hate unavoidable bittersweet endings. Like what happened with the Dark Brotherhood... WHY?!!? We're the player, why can't we have the option to fix anything if we do it right? For example, why wasn't it an option to blow Bellamont's cover before he did it himself?!

Such is the nature of railroaded plots. Truly letting the player do what they want is impossible if you have to script everything in advance. We could construct an infinite number of ways any given questline could have gone... What if we murder Ungolim ourselves before joining the Dark Brotherhood (if he weren't unkillable until that quest, that is)? What if Lucien Lachance doesn't get tracked to Applewatch? What if we dress up Vicinte Valtieri as a clown and force him to perform at parties for us?

The deterioration of the Tamrielic empire makes complete sense after the events of Oblivion. I'm pretty sure that the Elder Scrolls say something along the lines of 'as long as our joined blood sits on the throne, something something empire something held together.' I'm pretty sure it's one of the load screens. And since

Martin Septim was the last of the Septim bloodline when he sacrificed himself to keep Mehrunes Dagon from merging nirn and oblivion, there are no dragonborn to occupy the throne of Tamriel. The fall of the empire was the lesser of two evils.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the empire completely collapse during the events of tes5. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Protagonist of tes5 rise to become the King of Skyrim and possibly even the emperor of Tamriel, being the only known Dragonborn. I think we'll see Tamriel hit rock bottom, then climb back up during the conclusion. Or, at least, the event that starts the rise of a new tamriel. I Can't wait to see what happens. :D

Dunmer were never happy folk now were they.

Kind of wonder how there is going to be another elder scrolls game unless its a prequel though... I guess it could be another squeal that takes place ANOTHER 200 years in the future, Skyrim might be the last.

There are a 100 things going on in Tamriel right now. Akavir or Summerset are only touched on in lore, ripe for a TES game to explore them. There are wars and all sorts going on, Black Marsh is invading Morrowind,

Plus we have no idea how Skyrim ends, so it could easily set up the next game or 2.

The dunmer kinda got what was coming to them, decades of enslaving other races, bitter feuds and fighting themselves.

As for the Mages Guild... It clearly had many problems of its own, or weren't you paying attention throughout Oblivion? The leaders of each school were either obsessed with their own greatness, impeded by their own concerns, or were just incompetent. There's a reason why a level 4 player with novice level magics could arise to be Arch Mage, they were the most capable of the lot. Even the Mages Guild on Summerset Isle decided that they didn't want to be affiliated any more.

The Mages Guild disbanded? The other stuff I can understand but yeesh, after all the trouble I went through in Oblivion to purge the damned guild. Looks like those silly necromancers are at it again. Either that or the last Archmage/Sheogorath went mad with power. I do hope they address what happened in the Shivering Isles. It would be hilarious if some of these problems really is the old champion's/Sheogorath's fault. Edited by justwannaddl

Buying a new computer purely for this game.

The following actions on release date -

1. Dump girlfriend.

2. Ctrl-Shift delete world of warcraft.

3. See you in 6months. (Mods Duh!)

Ps. Not feeling to bad about the mages guild, aslong as you get to run your own fraction/guild like in the knights of nine.

Lord of a castle/state to womb loyal subjects, drink the nectre of the gods. Reenact a Vald the impaler possibly, while we wait our entrance apon valhalla.

Slaves would be sweet, mwuhahaha... to far?