Can't play Oblivion with HDR

cruz7911

Hey,

I haven't had much time to dig on the internet, so I apologize if this post is redundant. I am new to PC Gaming, not new to Oblivion (played a ton of it on my Xbox). Anyways... I can't get Oblivion to work with the HDR. I can play at high settings and Bloom lighting, but no HDR. I assume HDR is the highest setting, and want to give it a go. Any suggestions? Here is my PC specs:

Intel i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz - CPU

Asus/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - GPU

8 MB Ram

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Any suggestions?

I remember a history of HDR not being available in some games if Anti-aliasing was enabled. I believe nvidia drivers had a workaround to easily allow both AA and HDR at the same time. I recall the method was to turn off AA in game and choose HDR then force AA in the nvidia panel. At any rate, check if it's because you have AA on in the game.

I can play the game on the highest resolution with Bloom and AA x8, but no matter how low I set the resolution, I can't play with HDR. Perhaps it is card compatibility issue?

That could be it. It could be related to the shader the game is using and what your card supports. In the Data/Shaders/ folder you'll see a whole bunch of shaders. The game checks your graphics card and determines which shader to use. I can't remember where it stores that but I believe it's in one of the .ini files. If your card uses Shader 14 but you want to use 19 because it has a bigger feature set then you renamed 19 to 14. If your card doesn't support something then it may not work or maybe the game won't start until you choose a diff shader, I don't know. I'm not sure if that would fix your situation but it might be. Sometimes changing your shader gives you better visuals. I remember doing it with Oblivion in the old days and when I look in my shader folder now it looks like I swapped 17 and 19. You might want to read up about it.

Edited by cancausecancer

cruz: use the launcher to set your graphics to HDR etc...open Oblivion.ini (my documents\my games\oblivion\oblivion.ini) and change iMultisample to 8. This will work unless you change the INGAME video settings (thus resulting in the ini being read and written to) OR set nVidia Control Panel Antialiasing to "Override Application settings" and adjust to your liking.

• 1 year later...

Ok. I tried what everyone said, and NOTHING works. I can set hdr, and enter the game but when i do...nothing shows up. no land, no buidings, no ME...nothing. It's just...not, there :confused:

There are several mods i have ( Beaming sunglare and natural environments ) That i hear look beautiful with hdr and i really wanna see! This is irratating the crap outta me :wallbash:

If anybody can reply, and help me with this i would deeply appriciate

- Zodiark