Skyrim has partial dismemberment

Omeletter

Even though it's a perk it probably only activates a random finisher that has decapitation and since the finishers are dependent on position, weapon and enemy then it's not something your going see constantly after taking the perk.

This is good news IMHO, always thought it was pretty lame that I could slash somebody with about a yard and a half long greatsword and have them look like they died in their sleep afterward.

In no time at all there will be a mod to prevent anybody's head being lopped off and one to make it happen more often. "Bloody Mess" perk from Fallout 3 is way over the top, but there is a mod to retain the damage bonus without the Gibs.

they said it's only a 10% chance of decapitation. so i'm guessing even after selecting the perk it will only happen sometimes.. and i do believe it's limited by only cutting off the head right? no limbs or anything else... fo3 was over the top, but it did add somewhat to the realism, especially from being crippled or what not yourself.

I hope we can Mod out the Perk, it would get Boring in time to Just Decapitate Heads.

1. that is why ther are modders who mod the game to thier exact tastes.

2. decaping people would get boring? i don't see it that way, this is a big step up from oblivion combat, i had to use deadly reflex 5 before i could play anymore. also if decaps will make you bored after a while then use them sparely and use mostly magic or axes and maces since decap is a blade perk.