Do you watch any sports?

antonkr

Do you like to watch sports ? If yes then what sport? And any particular team?

Heh for me, last time I watched a sports was during 2008 Euro cup during Russia vs Netherlands. Was quite cool when Russia won 3:1. Was unexpected Hai Nam

None at all. No interest. That, and I am disgusted by athletes making millions to play a friggin' game, when teachers barely scrape by......

Same here, I never liked sports in general and never understood why theses celebrities make so much money for something as simple as playing a sport,

Formula One. A world-wide motor racing series dating back over 70 years, and the absolute pinnacle of four-wheel tarmac racing. Like all motor racing it's a cycle of numerous tracks with 12 teams of two drivers and about 160 staff competing every second weekend to be the fastest, winning points for finish position, though Formula One has some unique rules. The car you enter's chassis and bodywork has to be made by your team, this makes the average budget about sixty+ million pounds, and if you somehow win the championship, the driver who does is awarded a unique title-World Driver's Champion-winning the Formula One world title being the car equivalent of World <track N field event> Champion and is the highest accolade in motor racing.

Le Mans Endurance. Another ancient form of Motorsport, Le Mans is a track in northern France that's existed since 1926, and since before WW-II has hosted the annual Le Mans 24-hour. A truly brutal car race, it begins at 3:00 PM on one summer afternoon, and then continues non-stop, without breaks, rest, or sleep, until 3:00 PM the next day. If you stop, you're out, period. You can change tyres, refuel, and swap between 3 drivers, but it's absolutely brutal, and usualy only 50% of the field makes it to the finish line. It's created such legends as Jacky Ickx and Stirling Moss, aswell as giving Steve McQueen even more fame when he raced here in the 1960s. It's also a very dangerous event, with driver fatigue especialy being a major cause of accidente. The fact that the race continues all through the night also makes it harder-Le Mans drivers often reffer to making it to dawn as an achievment in it's own right, as few cars did in the '60s and '70s, even now attrition is immense, this year's event saw a 54% dropout rate accross all car classes.

Moto GP. Probably the world's second most dangerous mainstream spectator sport that I know of, Moto-GP is Formula One... ...on a motorbike. It has many of the same rules as F-1 and like F-1 is made up of non-production, 350 KM/H prototype machines unrelated to any road vehicle. The championship share the same structure and usualy races on the weekends F-1 doesn't. Attrition is far higher here, it's rare to have a race where atleast one rider doesn't come off, and severe injuries are still very common, with 8 riders breaking bones this year, and Alvaro Bautista having to take several months off with a smashed leg. Somewhat more wheel-to-wheel than the more stratergy based F-1. it's a fun sport, but one that sometimes makes you cringe, especialy when they play a crash montage.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/800px-Takuma_Sato_demonstrating_Lotus_78_2010_Japan.jpg

Formula One in it's golden age-the late 1970s and early 1980s.

I watch the NFL. GO BEARS! :D

Football is a big thing here in Wisconsin, all you hear is Packers this Packers that....pretty much part of this state's heritage. Ya get sick of it after awhile...even in the off season, they have some story on the Packers on the news lol. You could imagine how ticked off people were here when the lockout was going on. Personally, found that stupid....millionaires and billionaires fighting over who should have more money :facepalm: Really, they shouldn't get payed all that much for playing a sport...but meh, it's something to watch on Sunday.

Used to watch MLB...but I've given up on the Cubs. I'll be long dead before they win another world series...

Edited by Illiad86

Sports is an amazing thing. I love sports. I love playing them. I love watching them. I agree that athletes (professional ones) get paid way too much (college athletes get paid: called a scholarship). If only the folks in our nation (US) had more of a desire to play sports and enjoy them, it'd solve our crazy obesity problem. Too bad there's a stigma attached to sports.

To answer your question; I love College Football. It's absolutely amazing. Go Noles.

I watch rugby ONLY when it's the world cup, which is taking place right now ... though I'm not 100% ofay with everything involved in the sport.

I watch cricket, that's really an influence from my mom and nana's side ... that's the whole UK thing if you understand it, though I know a bit about it, i'm not too clued up but I watch it the most out of any sport.

Soccer, yes I watch a bit of Premier league, I support Liverpool ...

None at all. No interest. That, and I am disgusted by athletes making millions to play a friggin' game, when teachers barely scrape by......

Exactly same here.

And the fact that most of the fans are barbaric. The first and last time I was on a soccer match, the fans were screaming like they won the lottery because someone shot a goal.

I mean, the fans don't get anything from the fact that a team scored a goal, why are they all screaming?!

I will never understand sports...