just cancelled my preorder

frakle

read man read... the campaign is so far the only thing i can play because of EAs awesome customer support and infrastructure,

in the meantime i realized a whole bunch of stuff about this game that simply aint right,

starting with an EULA that is breaking german law, and is actually being under investigation for fraud, an extreme breach of privacy by scanning every file of your computer, sending it back to origin and allowing em to do whatever they like with it, liability charges and a very broad range of other CRIMES, yes actual crimes not just disorderly conduct or somin... and no i did not burn it yet, just saying i will if i cant give it back tomorrow...

just check the Amazon ratings, which btw get deleted by the hour but still dont seem to be able to hold back the 1 star rating lovestorm it created, but nice try trying to protect your buddy EA dear Amazon lol... kinda gives me the creeps knowing that Dark0ne actually supports Amazon with his competitions...

screw EA, not one more penny from me... :armscrossed:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single player campaign is not the problem, Origin is.

If you look at Amazon Germany you'll find a lot of concerns regarding the spyware.

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B004M17DVM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The point is, if you install their software and accept their EULA you in fact give them permission to spy you. This is completely unnecessary.

Just say no!

Edited by tortured Tomato

he point is, if you install their software and accept their EULA you in fact give them permission to spy you.

no you dont, because for one does it start spying on you even before you accept the EULA and furthermore does it breach the BGB laws which can not be broken by an EULA because they are the guidlines for EULAs, that way EA basicly voids the whole EULA and commits a crime spying on and using your files,

compare it to you buying a new car and after you payed for it the car dealer tells you that now he has they keys to your home and come and go, bring friends over, have parties in your bedroom and even broadcast those parties on youtube, sell any information he finds and if he sets your house on fire cause it looks so pretty is not even guillable for that...

well online is the important piece anyways. anyone buying BF3 specifically for the campaign shouldnt be buying BF3, or any FPS now a days for that matter (kinda unfortunate really, i love campaigns, but w.e i spose)

i just wanna know how destructible the enviros on MP are....are the the same as BC2? are they worse like ive been hearing? or is it better like it was hyped up to be.....

is it just one big camp fest like im expecting it to be? (this is the biggest reason i dont want the game.)

do you die in two hits? cause in the Beta, i deff died a hell of a lot faster then i did in BC2. and this, coupled with prone, will make me deff drop this game

any thing else you wanna point out?

the reviews are generally good for this game, but i dont go on "professional" reviews for the most part. Peer reviews are what i look for

There's substantialy less destruction in MP. A lot of the fanboys are saying it's more destructable, but I've been through every single map now just blowing stuff up and it's nowhere near as good. Destruction in BC2 was a tactical feature, here it's just cosmetic.

One of my biggest complaints is how unfriendly the game is on new players, you've got such an immense kit disadvantage going in, and it takes so damn long to get anything good, that it just doesn't feel approachable like it should. Forza Motorsport 4 probably did approachable the best I've seen this year-letting you run with an optional handicap (by buffing you up to modern power in exhange for a fee of in-game credits) if you have an older, slower car-or trade off a % of money and XP earned for a variety of handling handicaps if you're inexperienced. Or even carry over cars from previous the previous Forza game and get % XP and credits earned for turning off handicaps and running pure hardcore. This though, feels like the darn opposite lol-you're new? go fight that heat-seeker and flare armed jet armed only with your winchester!.

Edited by Vindekarr

yea, im already 99% sure im just gunna skip this game. since i was gunna get this game for Ps3, i think im just gunna get Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. both of those will equal up to the $60 BF3 woulda cost and so thats what my friend will prolly get my as my birthday gift.

too bad this game turned out to be so much less the hype. but then again, hyped up supergames hardly ever live up to their hype. hope BC3 is better.

traded mine in cause i still couldnt get online, got me driver san fran instead and its a blast :) the soundtrack alone rules!

thanks to yathzee i guess... his reviews rock lol

nevertheless im very dissapointed, i loved BF1 and 2... still need a nice LAN shooter to play with my buddies on those cold winter evenings that we are going to face... prolly will go with Dead Island, seems like a nice coop mode from what ive seen

Edited by jaysus

Brink was a great game, idk if they fixed the lag or not. if it wasnt for the lag, the online would have been a blast!....and could always get Borderlands if you havent, such a great coop game.

i might re buy MoH. i regret trading that in. had the best FPS campaign ive ever played!

Regarding heat seekers:

It doesn't take much to unlock Smoke Shielding and IR Flares on all vehicles.

Master the controls of the jet's and you will RAPE the sky, regardless of Heat seekers (I dumped the upgrade for Fire Estinguisher).

I am trully miffed about Origin but what ever. Don't kid yourself that only EA's Origin does it, you don't think Steam does the same? Think again.

Putting Origin aside, I am having a blast in MP. I have reached the m416 #10 Service star, almost #11. I have also got 1 Service star in Assault (aka medic) class. If you let me get in a tank, I will sit at the top of the leaderboard and provide heavy support. I am a true medic too, not the kind that watch you die slowly without reving you.

at the very most, i might pick this game up a couple months before BC3, just for the sake of it. by then it should be mad cheap.

i don't know if they'll do a Bad Company 3. It seems rather unlikely actually.

I am more expecting the support for BF3 to last for about 2 or 3 years with quite a bit of expansions. I don't think they'll make another game within a short time for sure.