Skyrim Nexus launches

Dark0ne

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site looks great but I do have one nitpick .... the countdown timer says that Skyrim comes out at approximately 5am on the 11th ET. When this is not true since it would be at a midnight release so unless you are going by GMT - 10 the countdown will be off.

So, why don't we have a Morrowind Nexus and an Oblivion Nexus, then? What about a Dragon Age II Nexus? I don't know how much these sites cost to run, but it can't be cheap. Turning TES Nexus into dead weight can't be all that helpful, I'd imagine.

But if you're dead set on making this unnecessary site, might I suggest changing the name of TES Nexus? It's gonna confuse a LOT of people.

I really appreciate your work Dark0ne and everyone else supporting this site in any way, but there still are some major compatibility issues with IE9, especially with "managing your own files" and the "tracking centre", they both have sometimes issues to realize that you are logged in.

Firefox is working great though.

Another thing would be that I cannot quick-confirm my login data with pressing enter in the password field.

I hope the DLC-list will be updated soon, no FNV-DLCs seems to be quite outdated.

Edited by retakrew7

@danburite2: The reason for a new Nexus is because of the popularity this game is getting. Morrowind and Oblivion didn't have near as much attention when they were first released, and back then it was okay to have both on the same site, but now - now it would be quite confusing to have three games on one site, especially when one of them will receive many times the amount of attention than the two others ever had.

The "Latest Files" would be filled to the brim with Skyrim mods, while Morrowind and Oblivion mods would be left unseen. Making a new Nexus for Skyrim is definitely the right way to go. So no, it is in no way an unnecessary site!

And why didn't Dragon Age II get it's own Nexus? Well, there are no specific SDK for that game! You use the same SDK as Dragon Age, and based on the amount of mods made with that SDK there is really no need for a new Nexus for DA II.

Dragon Age Nexus has a total of 2.500 mods, while TESNexus has 26.000 .

And about confusing people, as I stated before, it would be more confusing if all three games were on the same site. And beside that, the skins on the sites tells the user exactly which games that site is for. TES Nexus has a Morrowind and an Oblivion image, while Skyrim Nexus has a Skyrim image. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir