Suddenly, all of leo2link's files, images were gone overnight!

H00V3RD8M

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current Nexus policy ENCOURAGES toxic behavior and feelings (having just discovered I was blocked by a certain mod author from even read-only access - a function that is frankly INEXCUSABLE and is designed to give fragile egos a sense of entitlement that always leads to conflict).

In the light of Beth.net competition, Nexus should rethink the psychology of this service, and try to find a path to encouraging ROBUST attitudes in the minds of modders and users of said mods. Telling modders that fragile egos are a 'good' thing is a recipe for disaster, frankly.

In the meantime expect more modders to take the "I'm picking up my ball and taking it home" attitude. Some are simply looking for an excuse to go Beth.net exclusive- at least until they test whether Beth.net can provide significant financial returns.

PS I've seen moderators here jump all over a mod author for simply posting FAIR USE images in the image section- and such heavy handed tactics are bound to have a negative effect. Nexus may have a rule against many forms of fair-use imagery, but blocking an entire mod from view (rather than just blocking the image section) is another example of the types of overkill that cause bad blood.

I would like to see Nexus respond to the competition with a light-touch, play nice approach that ENCOURAGES open-source type thinking (ie., an active encouragement for modders to allow their mods to be used by other modders). The current 'modder is god' policy plainly strokes some egos in an unfortunate way- and the results are all too predictable.

Current Nexus policy ENCOURAGES toxic behavior and feelings (having just discovered I was blocked by a certain mod author from even read-only access - a function that is frankly INEXCUSABLE and is designed to give fragile egos a sense of entitlement that always leads to conflict).

In the light of Beth.net competition, Nexus should rethink the psychology of this service, and try to find a path to encouraging ROBUST attitudes in the minds of modders and users of said mods. Telling modders that fragile egos are a 'good' thing is a recipe for disaster, frankly.

In the meantime expect more modders to take the "I'm picking up my ball and taking it home" attitude. Some are simply looking for an excuse to go Beth.net exclusive- at least until they test whether Beth.net can provide significant financial returns.

PS I've seen moderators here jump all over a mod author for simply posting FAIR USE images in the image section- and such heavy handed tactics are bound to have a negative effect. Nexus may have a rule against many forms of fair-use imagery, but blocking an entire mod from view (rather than just blocking the image section) is another example of the types of overkill that cause bad blood.

I would like to see Nexus respond to the competition with a light-touch, play nice approach that ENCOURAGES open-source type thinking (ie., an active encouragement for modders to allow their mods to be used by other modders). The current 'modder is god' policy plainly strokes some egos in an unfortunate way- and the results are all too predictable.

:huh:

Edited by digitaltrucker

Speaking of toxic behavior and a sense of entitlement... Gee, I wonder why you were blocked?

Making his mods console-exclusive is a really stupid move IMO. This is only going to fuel the console-hate and is going to open the gate to more 'exclusive' mods, be it for PC or console. Aside, if people really want his mods, I don't think they'll have a lot of problems converting them to PC.

I'm also laughing my ass off at all these requests in the thread. The only few mods he has done are mesh reshapes/editing and new helmets, yet people are requesting him to add new (female) armor, unique weapons, bigger boobs, graphical improvements, gameplay changes, .... lol.

Yeah, I saw that as well. Jesus of console modding is getting buried by dumb after dumb request. And honestly, his mods really aren't that great so feck him.

I couldn't stop laughing either.

Edited by threedog1421