Future of EU...

Signette

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see any wars starting over this...... Maybe some trade irregularities, but, that's about it. I would like to think that the folks on that side of the pond have learned at least one or two things from history.......

I don't really see any wars starting over this...... Maybe some trade irregularities, but, that's about it. I would like to think that the folks on that side of the pond have learned at least one or two things from history.......

Perhaps not instantly from this one event (except perhaps by the whole world having being plunged back into classical economics overnight), but the path must look somewhat familiar. And that is the thing about these things, they are set up so that people don't connect the dots and see it coming. We only have to look accross that very same pond to see something similar happening on a much larger scale... in a country where everyone has a gun. Where is that energy going to be focused I wonder?

I'm not quite sure what else people were expecting.

Perhaps not instantly from this one event (except perhaps by the whole world having being plunged back into classical economics overnight), but the path must look somewhat familiar. And that is the thing about these things, they are set up so that people don't connect the dots and see it coming. We only have to look accross that very same pond to see something similar happening on a much larger scale... in a country where everyone has a gun. Where is that energy going to be focused I wonder?

You think there is going to be some variety of war within the US? For what reason?

You think there is going to be some variety of war within the US? For what reason?

No, that is not very likely. What is much more likely is that the machines of 'progress' will mean that things must look outward. It is not the end of globalism, but rather one of a very different creed.

But as you say, these things have not happened yet and I guess we must try reserve some hope. I think we must also not let ourselves (both sides of the spectrum) to be led along this wild goose chase.

I find it amazing how well it works, that all these crooked bankers and politicians get off scot-free to live on a beach somewhere while they plant a bomb in society and watch the people rip eachother apart for scraps.

I think this sums up the situation quite well...

CacGZfsW0AAEI1Q.jpg

The energy is going back to the people over here, because the establishment that has been inplace is being shaken to it's core. For a long time the left and the right have done nothing but pit Americans against Americans over ideology that has gained us nothing, but secured them in their cozy little jobs They have kept us focusing on eachother instead of what they were doing, so they could get by with doing nothing and blame their political opposites.

People are getting tired of someone telling them not to pay attention to the man behind the curtain and they are just about to string the old coot up with his curtain.

From all that I've read here those in Brussels are behind the curtain over there and I applaud the taring down of such obscurities. Win, loose or draw people need to have the freedom of direction in their own lives to actual live life instead of a continued existence. Human beings are not cattle, to be lead.

The energy is going back to the people over here, because the establishment that has been inplace is being shaken to it's core. For a long time the left and the right have done nothing but pit Americans against Americans over ideology that has gained us nothing, but secured them in their cozy little jobs They have kept us focusing on eachother instead of what they were doing, so they could get by with doing nothing and blame their political opposites.

People are getting tired of someone telling them not to pay attention to the man behind the curtain and they are just about to string the old coot up with his curtain.

From all that I've read here those in Brussels are behind the curtain over there and I applaud the taring down of such obscurities. Win, loose or draw people need to have the freedom of direction in their own lives to actual live life instead of a continued existence. Human beings are not cattle, to be lead.

Ethically I agree with you, the will and power should be put back into the individual, however I am not sure it is as easy as voting for it. There is only so much real wealth and resources to go round at the end of the day.

Basically I think the actual 'men behind the curtain' (Brussels and some such are likely clueless and a bit of a red herring, I think) have actually placed bets on BOTH sides of the potential future. I am all for democracy and the 'will of the people' however it is actually a false choice because there is no real way to win. The resetting of the world economy through Brexit, for example, will not go to the people in society who need (and fought for) it.

In the long term, yeah perhaps Brexit was the 'right call', but I do feel there is a distasteful amount of exploitation and deceit that keeps people in a Matrixesque style illusion of freedom. This is true for everyone, we all keep taking the bait, however it may be disguised, believing it to be our keys to freedom when the reality is very different. Those who benefit from the peoples' decision to leave, won't be the people. Yes, Brexit is perhaps a 'red pill' moment, but not necessarily in the most obvious sense. The onion has many layers...

As a hierarchy thus seems inevitable in both schools of thought, then it really comes down to a purely philosophical choice that is somewhat limited anyway by our own natural capacity. But when either decision leads you into a Truman Show like experience, the choice becomes one in the same. Perhaps such constructivism is a necessary evolutionary mechanism to keep us all from simply tweaking out - like some sort of 'awareness' safety valve.

I suppose our only hope, in a practical sense, is to gradually try help those both in the 'denial' crowd and the 'righteous' crowd, reel from the shock. Undoubtedly a new established order will eventually take the place of the old one and we can all forget about it so we can exercise our freedom to make the same mistakes over and over again :tongue:

Very unexpected and intriguing results. I had no idea Britain isn't fully under Brussels control as the rest of EU. Refreshing to know it is not. Now, to think of it, Britain got rid of EU and that means infinite immigrational traffic and the rest of beggary Europe lays solely on Germany and France fragile shoulders. I'm curious how they are going to cope with it? And another thing, from the news I get that Ireland and Scotland wants to remain in EU. I'm rather confused by this situation and have no idea how it may be solved, any input of more informed fellas would be appreciated.

Feels like this thread is pretty much ruled by UK residents, which isn't bad thing in no way, but it would be very interesting if someone of Syrian or at least Iranian origin would join this discussion, I'm really curious of their input.

P.S. And yes, I might not be british, but my heart is forever with Ulfric :wink:

Very unexpected and intriguing results. I had no idea Britain isn't fully under Brussels control as the rest of EU. Refreshing to know it is not. Now, to think of it, Britain got rid of EU and that means infinite immigrational traffic and the rest of beggary Europe lays solely on Germany and France fragile shoulders. I'm curious how they are going to cope with it? And another thing, from the news I get that Ireland and Scotland wants to remain in EU. I'm rather confused by this situation and have no idea how it may be solved, any input of more informed fellas would be appreciated.

Feels like this thread is pretty much ruled by UK residents, which isn't bad thing in no way, but it would be very interesting if someone of Syrian or at least Iranian origin would join this discussion, I'm really curious of their input.

P.S. And yes, I might not be british, but my heart is forever with Ulfric :wink:

Agreed. It should be ruled by those who will have the burdens to bear. I don't see that people from Syria would be any more capable of fully understanding the reasons England left any more than an American. I would think the reasons for leaving was numerous enough for those who voted.

This is not about anyone here. It's more about people commenting on other forums, but what bothers me is the outcry from those who are not from England that manufacture their own ideals of British intentions to suit their own prejudice. I've heard everything from those who adore unions to those who who love open borders and it astounding just how little they think the average Englishmen should have in determining his own fate. It really reminds me of that Pink Floyd song, "Another Brick in the Wall" except the majority of those who want others to be those bricks are the left instead of the right, which they laugh at for being quote/unquote stupid. I wonder who are the elites concerning this?

The establishment here is running around in a panic, the government party are busy running around stabbing each other in the back, the opposition is in meltdown, the media is trying to push an end of days narrative that is almost comical while the plebs are sitting back with the popcorn and enjoying the show.