Nexus Mod Manager in extended closed beta with mod authors

Dark0ne

I'm very much looking forward to this. Only thing I'm not so thrilled about is that NMM seems to stick with the omod/fomod format. For one, this seems to imply there will still be different and incompatible formats for oblivion and fallout and potentially new formats for future supported games. Second, the use of c# means people need .net just to install mods. It makes creating a compatible manager that isn't .net impossible...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that there are new ideas and projects evolving, like this one, though at a first glance I was asking myself: Why do we need yet another XYZ mod manager? And to be more precise: Why should I participate now in testing yet another beta feature, if there are still so many "beta-like" leftovers from the recent design switch, which people are awaiting desperately to get fixed?

For instance:

- there are several RSS bugs that have been reported since weeks, with no reaction (see www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/430254-rss-feeds-error)

- the long discussed change logs are still not working properly. I've reported about this at least 3 times, but still they're not reliable.

- mod images are still forced to 4:3 in the search results list, thus old images in 16:10 or 16:9 appear strained

These few examples may all appear as "small" issues, but they sum up to a lot of "fun killers" in the end.

As stated, I don't want to be a killjoy concerning new ideas like this one. But I'd really appreciate, if at the same time some more energy would be invested in solving the pending problems, which have emerged mainly with the recent new design release.

Otherwise, I'd get the impression that TESNexus is firing off more and more unfinished features, with too many unresolved issues left behind. I am starting to feel a bit annoyed by this lately, and it's not the first time now that I am thinking about ending my premium membership.

Site issues are different to client issues on the Nexus in the same way Fallout 3 issues are different to Oblivion issues for Bethesda.

If you don't want to beta test the client, that's fine, but saying "RSS is still broken so I'm not going to beta test the client" is...bemusing.

The site problems will be fixed (if they're broken), when time allows. If you're not happy with that then there's not much that can be done.

Launching the client the first time did not work. It gave me a warning message saying I may have to re-install my Fallout NV outside of program files. This freaked me out! lol But I quickly found out that simply running the Nexus Client with administrative rights you wont have to re-install your NV game! Just a heads up for anyone about to uninstall then re-install when the issue can be fixed by one simple click. Edited by clintmich

@televator Your mod listed with the author being XaraX, with you being the translator and uploader and not the author. An author being defined as one who actually creates the mod.

The access is granted once every 24 hours, so if you got your thousandth download today you wont have access until tomorrow.

ah, thanks for the info...

@bben46: the author-field is just a text-field without link to a real person. I guess that's not the issue...