Official Recognized Specifications & Unofficial Video Chipsets Spe

Stormcrown

I'm running an Inspirion 15R, With a 2.5 GHz Intel I5 processor, stock Intel 3000 Graphics card, and rockin' 6 gigs of ram, and the game runs really well, i have no idea why uesp put it in the low/medium category, sure there's some SLIGHT stuttering if there's a little too much going on, but it's nothing that's game-breaking. Overall, i'm enjoying the hell out of Skyrim on my pc :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the problems have to do with SLI / CrossFire

My machine is fairly rockin:

i7 950 @ 4200 MHz + water cooling

HD 5970 @ 850 / 1150 MHz

Asus P6T deluxe v2 mobo

12GB Corsair Dominator @ 1600 MHz in triple channel mode

80 GB Corsair SSD + 3 others

Win 7-64 ultimate

And yet, Skyrim runs like doggie do-do on my rig (with only 2XAA no less!!!). The game defaults to Ultra and I've changed the uLoadGrid to 7 (as well as the associated changes). But other than that, I don't use any HD mods or anything.

The FPS drop down to zero in not less than a few outdoor areas of Skyrim. Usually the hit goes away but not always. And it's not always possible to know why the game suddenly conked out - e.g. looking close up at a mineral vein.

Is it the ATI graphics driver? Who knows? Who cares? The bottom line is that Skyrim is occasionally unplayable on my fairly rockin' machine...

• 1 month later...

I have e8400 @ 3.5

Nvidia 9800 GT 512Mb @ 1680x1050

windows 7 64bit

4Gb RAM

SSD

game settings on high with AO and FXAA enabled

AF x 16 and some minor graphical enhancment mods

can't see fps but Skyrim runs smooth and playable.

have latest video drivers and patch 1.5

buttomline: if your PC can run Crysis on high it can run Skyrim on high ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't see this one on your list.

Radeon HD6530D on board.

Acer AM3470G-UW10P Desktop w/

AMD Quad core @ 2.2GHz

4GB RAM

Win7

* 32" 1920x1080 Westinghouse LED w/Gaming Mode

Runs great on Very High, but gets a little jerky on Extremely High.

This system was $400, including tax, off the shelf. * +$300 for the Monitor/HDTV

Edited by Soloquendi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry to barge in like this; my primary PC has been dead for quite some time now, so I haven't been active on the forum, since I'm not actually playing

Anyway, I'm planning to get a new PC in a couple of months now, also the AMD FX X8 8150, AM3+, 3.6/4.2GHz (8 cores) processor.

Now, I've seen this site, and from what I understand Skyrim actually runs 4 threads, one of which uses ~100% of a single core, and the other 3 are light enough to be run on a single core in a dual core CPU (which i did before my PC broke).

My question is: Is there any way I could optimize the usage of the aforementioned CPU, primarily upping the usage of 4 cores, as I doubt I could magically spawn more threads? Any optimizing mods or hacks, patches? How is the latest official patch faring?

Thankshttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wink.gif

(P.S. I've already asked in a different thread but no one replied in days.)

Edited by trackmanijak

Thanks for the list Stormcrown :thumbsup:

I couldn't find my AMD Radeon HD 4250 card on there but i've been told it's pretty poor, at least now I know what to look for now because my fps is terrible and loading screen time can take up to 3-4 mins! :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

I got quite a decent amount of spare money. I was wondering how this fares.

Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz

16 GB memory(Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel)

GeForce GTX 570 1280 MB(or possibly GeForce GTX 680 2048MB, if it would make a difference)

Win 7/64