Official Recognized Specifications & Unofficial Video Chipsets Spe

Stormcrown

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 3000m 2gb dynamic Video Memory 1.76gb available

System Model: Aspire 5750-6842

Default Resolution: 1366x768

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.19

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz overclocks to 3.0

Memory: 4096MB RAM DDR3

Available OS Memory: 3948MB RAM

Page File: 2320MB used, 5572MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

My issue here is that it horribly stutters a lot after sometime (Usually at random). Happens often but varies in severity. This issue pleagued me for some time until I found out something interesting.

When I default to medius settings then set the game to one core it not only gets rid of the stuttering entirely but boosted my FPS. Tried the same settings with 4 cores less overall FPS and stuttering, Move to two cores stutters a little but none to problematic. The issue may have been due to hyper threading. Using virtual cores. It may have been the issue because the game was only uses 2 cores and the presence of the other 2 caused VERY steep changes in cpu fluctuations and very frequently as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Got enough money in hand to think about a new computer for the first time in a long time lol

Looking at this one, good enough to run modded Skyrim on high/max settings?

AMD FX 6100 Black Edition, 6 Core, 3.30 GHz

ATI HD7770 1GB

8 GB RAM

Been stuck with Skyrim on Xbox, my laptop can cope with Fallout:NV (just about) but Skyrim is barely playable on lower settings than the console version.

• 3 months later...

FX 8350 @5ghz (water)

GTX 670 4GB (2560 x 1440)

16 GB Kingston hyper x

ugridstoload 5, minimum mods, and still get stuttering.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22879

^ Boost AMD should solve your issues. Sounds like it's probably your CPU.(single core performance sucks. You need to use all 8 threads)

I know your resolution is high but I'm pretty sure the 670's capable of smooth framerates even at that resolution,

Edited by AvengerJikir

• 1 month later...

<p>Heck, right now I am running on an MSI ATI 4850 w/512 megs of ram, with Skyrim HD texture files installed.  Only lag I get is in Windhelm on occasion.  Otherwise, no problem  I was running a pair of ATI 4890 cards w/1gig ram each, Crossfired.  Sadly, one or both seem to be failing.  So switched out to the spare card and less issues now.  Planning on upgrading, but....</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Oh, Right now running it all on AMD Phenom II 6-core 2.7 ghz, Win 7 64-bit Pro, 16 gigs gskill ram.  Zalman 1000 watt PS.   </p>

Edited by sgtsnorkles

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 3000m 2gb dynamic Video Memory 1.76gb available

System Model: Aspire 5750-6842

Default Resolution: 1366x768

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.19

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz overclocks to 3.0

Memory: 4096MB RAM DDR3

Available OS Memory: 3948MB RAM

Page File: 2320MB used, 5572MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

My issue here is that it horribly stutters a lot after sometime (Usually at random). Happens often but varies in severity. This issue pleagued me for some time until I found out something interesting.

When I default to medius settings then set the game to one core it not only gets rid of the stuttering entirely but boosted my FPS. Tried the same settings with 4 cores less overall FPS and stuttering, Move to two cores stutters a little but none to problematic. The issue may have been due to hyper threading. Using virtual cores. It may have been the issue because the game was only uses 2 cores and the presence of the other 2 caused VERY steep changes in cpu fluctuations and very frequently as well.

Heck, you are running on a laptop, which are notorious for having gaming issues. Intel graphics are also not the best for gaming.

Got enough money in hand to think about a new computer for the first time in a long time lol

Looking at this one, good enough to run modded Skyrim on high/max settings?

AMD FX 6100 Black Edition, 6 Core, 3.30 GHz

ATI HD7770 1GB

8 GB RAM

Been stuck with Skyrim on Xbox, my laptop can cope with Fallout:NV (just about) but Skyrim is barely playable on lower settings than the console version.

Sounds like a good choice to me. Recommend getting, when you can, another 8 gigs of ram, make sure it is identical to the other 8 gigs. Also, get Win7 64-bit Pro OS. Make sure your case has plenty of cooling as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...