Why these forums?

Goliath978

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to start these threads aren't full of Trolls, 12 year olds, and idiots who just blurt out spoilers and such. Most everyone is mature here and some are here for the mods, some are here just because they (myself included) think it is a better environment than the official forums.

I started checking out both at the same time, and just noticed that the moderators there were total power-tripping jerks and the place was super over-run with morons. Plus, there was too much of a chasm in opinions largely because, unlike these forums, not a lot of people agreed in the PS3/XBOX/PC argument. It felt like a zoo. Minus the cute animals. Edited by natelovesyou

The nexus is the largest source of mods around and it is a bit more free-form as well. It's not the place banned people are welcomed if they are coming to cause trouble here and if you got banned at bethesda for things like cross-game content you won't really be safe here either. Bethesda doesn't host the mods themselves and the focus of this place is more on the mods, development, support and more random talk about games aside from the bethesda ones. Modders and mod-users come together here. Edited by Pronam

Why these instead of the official Bethesda forums?

Some people just like the comfort of someplace like home. We have it all here...forums...mod downloads, tools, tutorials, images, author forums, chat...all kinds of reasons to be here. The official forums are rather restrictive.

It all comes down to personal choice mainly. For the longest time (and possibly still...have not compared lately), the official forums had the most members online at once and modders posted there to get the largest audience as possible. I, however, prefer to post release threads all over the place. hehehe.

LHammonds

I just happened to have an account with TESNexus that transferred over to here. Just for giggles I tried to log into the forums with my nexus account and it worked. Generally I find that I like the folks here. So I stayed around to read and toss out a few ideas.