List of useful console commands.

Vagrant0

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

player.setgs fJumpHeightMax does not work as far as I can tell. Whenever I modify my jump min it looks/feels like I jump up and hit a ceiling no matter the variable change. Does anyone know if there is a way in Skyrim to modify the height max so it creates a seamless jump no matter how insanely high?

The ceiling you're running into is the cell ceiling. Value 400 or so, I believe. I don't believe you can modify that. Maybe if you were able to place another "cell" on "top" of the current cell? That would likely require the Creation Kit, assuming it is possible to do at all.

Hi!

Does anyone know the ItemID for the weapon racks, bow racks, etc. ?

Thanks!

Actually, I guess the more useful question would be how do I scroll through what is in the console window, because if I could scroll through the search results, I could get the ID myself. I am only able to see the last six or so and the rest are off the screen. thanks :)

showracemenu will bring up the character creation screen using the console anywhere in the game. Although be warned there are numerous bugs involved no matter if you change anything or not.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the looks of NPC's with the console in this manner? Or in any other manner?

That's not quite correct. In my experiece, ShowRaceMenu will only cause issues if you change your race. I've used it numerous times without any side effects that I've noticed, and I have checked for the expected one.

Cipscis

If you use the Showracemenu and don't change your race it will remove all your active magical effects. Including any passive racial buffs you may have, such dunmer fire resistance or breton magic resistance.

Well then, it looks like I'm simply not as observant as I thought I was. Thanks for pointing that side effect out, I wasn't aware of it.

Actually no, I just checked and my Nord passive effect is still there. I think you're correct that ShowRaceMenu does remove at least some passive effects, but racial bonuses appear to be unaffected.

Cipscis

I made a quick search of help "item" 4 but nothing turned up in this thread. And to be honest, I'm too tired/lazy to read everything. So before I start I appologize if I repeat something.

coc qasmoke is well and all, but there's a lot stuff in the chests and lot of unnecessary searching in them. I've also heard the game tends to crash a lot in there.

Allow me to save you the hazzle of teleporting somewhere and back just to get an item.

Use: help "item name" 4

eg: help "daedric armor" 4

All the daedric armor will appear in a list with name and formID, included all enchanted versions.

Find the item/version of the item you want and type

Player.additem formID number (player.additem (items id number) (ammount of the item you want)

This way you won't be teleporting back and forth and there will be no possible crashes associated with qasmoke.

I presume help "item name" 4 will also display the correct formID's of items created by modders (which will save the hassle of checking formID and then load order).

help "item name" also has other functions for searching, not just items. (help "item/object/etc" 1,2,3,4) I don't remember which number was what except for number 4 (items) but the console lists what number is what when you use the command.

Hope I didn't repeat something, and enjoy.

Lhamaria, thanks for propogating the use of the help command! Here's the values for the filter parameter:

0 = all records

1 = console commands and script functions

2 = settings (not sure what records this returns, it's never returned anything for me)

3 = global variables

4 = other forms (this one is the most useful, if you know you're looking for form IDs)

Edit: One other thing, the last time I coc'ed into qasmoke, I tried to use one of the Arcane Enchanters and got stuck after using it, I couldn't get it to release me. So yeah, I don't think they work too well.