Creation Kit and Modder's forums

Dark0ne

In response to post #39684690. #39684860, #39731985 are all replies on the same post.

crashpilot wrote: Nexus is solving Bethesda's problems, again!
You guys should geta share of their profits!!!!
1stReaper wrote: lol
they should have their job, never their profits =/....

the nexus and the modding community
...as far as i can remember has been fixing beth's ..... f**k ups
since when skyrim came first came out on the pc =/

thank god i switched to pc over console
i think i came to pc versions of skyrim and then fo3, new vegas and fo4 give or take a few months after dragonborn came out... (shrugs) its been that long i cant remember :P...

o wait i remember now...
i switched into pc gaming when i first saw baldurs gates enhanced editions release news :D
not regarting coming to pc gaming yet :)

good thing about the pc -
if theres an issues theres modders patches and console commands <3
Tantalus010 wrote: Uhh, the Nexus (in one form or another) has been around since well before Skyrim. It was around even before Oblivion.

If I recall correctly, the precursor to NexusMods was a Morrowind mod site.

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NexusMods#History Edited by naarcissus

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #39728200.

bben46 wrote:

Perhaps you should add a couple of forums for all variants of the Script Extender? They are doing Gods work with keeping it updated and adding more features. Searching at Beth.net for their recent activity is almost a pain (In the..). Just a thought. :smile:

The latest version of the FO4 Script extender is available at the exact same place it has always been available - http://f4se.silverlock.org/ :thumbsup:

There is NO advertising, NO tracking and No registration required. And it's FREE. :dance: So why would you even want to get F4SE somewhere else?

The new version will always be posted there first. And downloading it from anywhere else is probably a mistake.

For those that don't know how to install it, the instructions are included in the zip file.

Thank you for replying but I think you missed my point? I didn't mean the latest downloads thing, I mean their 'latest forum thread': https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3335

Perhaps a forum also here for Recent Updates/Common Questions (Trashcan)/New Features and so on. I was thinking of Nexus site as a umbrella for mostly used common features. :woot:

In response to post #39675940. #39677215, #39679030, #39680875, #39683735, #39684460, #39688180, #39690275, #39694390, #39705550, #39731905 are all replies on the same post.

Kregen wrote: why do'nt beth just hire youguys to run thier modding center and forums, you at least know what you are doing and instill confidance into the comunity.
kevindad1 wrote: Does Bethesda know that Nexus exists?
Benjamin0329 wrote: They know it exists.
kevindad1 wrote: Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding.
Crimsonhawk87 wrote: Err, we've all been saying the same thing for months now....in fact, the only ones who do not agree with us are Bethesda and a handful of console users (not all mind you, I'd venture to say not even a majority, but a few like the wild west show that is Beth.net). Dead horse, beaten.
1stReaper wrote: @Kregen

if beth hired Dark0ne and the team
you can be damn sure beth would fire todd howard and give them his job =/...

im actually surprized howard STILL his job considering the fact that
they 1st try to stick paid for mods into action, 2nd rise the price tag off the season pass
and <3rd strike>... stateing "nukaworld is the last dlc"... making the rised pricetag a complete rip off...

if howard worked for me i'd have thrown him out the second the 3rd strike get laid down =/...

@Dark0ne
Cheers for helping the modding community as much as you guys and girls have :),
lets hope that things continue to pick up, and repair the wounds from the recent event with the mod thieves taking stuff that dont belong to them =/... it sucks as we're still recovering the trust lost because of the paid for mods =/....

Keep up the awesome work :)

<edit>
@crimsonhawk87,
mmm my guess is if beth teamed up with Dark0ne, they would lose out because on the nexus they wouldn't have control of what happens with the mods.. and thank f**king god... if they did it'd be the end of the modding community =/... (if paid for mods have anything to say about it)

Aragingmonk wrote: "Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding."

Bethesda will end up charging for mods in the future, when they get this worked out. If they control the creation kit they can eventually state in the rules that you have to put the mod on their site. Then they will charge for it.

ESO = Failure went free to play. Doom = Failure had to release free demo and extend it. cannot say much about FO4 because I did not buy it, but have read the fiasco over charging too much for season pass and poor dlc content.

They should concentrate on making a decent game that we do not have to fix instead of raping peoples wallet. Almost as bad as EA!
digitaltrucker wrote: I suspect it's more Pete Hines than Todd Howard (not excusing Howard in any way, mind you).
LordCybot wrote: "Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding. "

Because Bethesda wants to eventually corner the market and be the by far largest and most used mod distributing site, that way they can more easily control what gets put out, growns in popularity, sinks ins popularity etc etc
Kregen wrote: I'd just like to point out one other thing Beth already has paid mods they are called DLC.
Tantalus010 wrote: You REALLY don't want Bethesda in charge of the Nexus, which is what would have to happen in order for Robin and his team to be the official source for mods for Bethesda games. I promise you they absolutely would NOT allow the Nexus to be the official source for mods and remain independently operated, and if they controlled it, there would be many undesirable changes.

Well actualy I suggested that Dark0ne and crew run beths own site not make nexus the new beth site. I agree it would be very undesirable for beth to own nexus out right. An independant option is always a good thing, monopolies cause stagnation.

@Kregen

they 1st try to stick paid for mods into action, 2nd rise the price tag off the season pass

and <3rd strike>... stateing "nukaworld is the last dlc"... making the rised pricetag a complete rip off...

if howard worked for me i'd have thrown him out the second the 3rd strike get laid down =/...

@Dark0ne

Cheers for helping the modding community as much as you guys and girls have :smile:,

lets hope that things continue to pick up, and repair the wounds from the recent event with the mod thieves taking stuff that dont belong to them =/... it sucks as we're still recovering the trust lost because of the paid for mods =/....

Keep up the awesome work :smile:

<edit>

@crimsonhawk87,

mmm my guess is if beth teamed up with Dark0ne, they would lose out because on the nexus they wouldn't have control of what happens with the mods.. and thank f**king god... if they did it'd be the end of the modding community =/... (if paid for mods have anything to say about it)

Yeah, because Todd Howard makes the business decisions over at Bethesda Softworks. People need to stop blaming everything on Todd Howard. He is lead developer of Bethesda Games Studios, he is not an executive at Bethesda Softworks. Do you really think he is the one managing Bethesda.net? I mean seriously, do you or anyone else really think that?

As always thanks for the tireless work and dedication of you and the entire Nexus staff. With any luck this will help foster better communication and clear up matters on many fronts.

In response to post #39675940. #39677215, #39679030, #39680875, #39683735, #39684460, #39688180, #39690275, #39694390, #39705550, #39731905, #39746910 are all replies on the same post.

Kregen wrote: why do'nt beth just hire youguys to run thier modding center and forums, you at least know what you are doing and instill confidance into the comunity.
kevindad1 wrote: Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding.
Crimsonhawk87 wrote: Err, we've all been saying the same thing for months now....in fact, the only ones who do not agree with us are Bethesda and a handful of console users (not all mind you, I'd venture to say not even a majority, but a few like the wild west show that is Beth.net). Dead horse, beaten.

@Dark0ne

<edit>
@crimsonhawk87,

Aragingmonk wrote: "Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding."

Bethesda will end up charging for mods in the future, when they get this worked out. If they control the creation kit they can eventually state in the rules that you have to put the mod on their site. Then they will charge for it.

ESO = Failure went free to play. Doom = Failure had to release free demo and extend it. cannot say much about FO4 because I did not buy it, but have read the fiasco over charging too much for season pass and poor dlc content.

They should concentrate on making a decent game that we do not have to fix instead of raping peoples wallet. Almost as bad as EA!
digitaltrucker wrote: I suspect it's more Pete Hines than Todd Howard (not excusing Howard in any way, mind you).
LordCybot wrote: "Well I don't see the point in the website if Nexus exists. They could have just teamed up with this site and there would be no problems with modding. "

Because Bethesda wants to eventually corner the market and be the by far largest and most used mod distributing site, that way they can more easily control what gets put out, growns in popularity, sinks ins popularity etc etc
Kregen wrote: I'd just like to point out one other thing Beth already has paid mods they are called DLC.
Tantalus010 wrote: You REALLY don't want Bethesda in charge of the Nexus, which is what would have to happen in order for Robin and his team to be the official source for mods for Bethesda games. I promise you they absolutely would NOT allow the Nexus to be the official source for mods and remain independently operated, and if they controlled it, there would be many undesirable changes.
Kregen wrote: Well actualy I suggested that Dark0ne and crew run beths own site not make nexus the new beth site. I agree it would be very undesirable for beth to own nexus out right. An independant option is always a good thing, monopolies cause stagnation.

or they could just pay modders lump sums for mod packages they can use for dlc. not that i want to pay out the yahoo but i dont mind supporting stuff i love.

... mennyi fröcsögés! Ha valaki csinál bármit másokért és azt közreadja, akkor az, már nem az övé... csak a neve jelzi és a felé irányuló kérések, hogy az alkotás elfogadott élményt adjon a használónak.

Hanem, vannak, akik pénzért akarnak árusítani olyan munkákat, amit végeztek, részben de bizonyára ingyenes vagy olyan szoftverháttérrel, amit megszereztek. Ez pedig nem a jószolgálati kategória... teljesen függetlenül a létrehozott produkciótól! Ez kemény üzlet... és adózatlan!

Az engedélyezési jólszituáltság meg kimondottan KULTURÁLTSÁGI kérdés!

Vélelmem, hogy alapból engedett kell legyen a termék honosítása vagy bármilyen formátumú terjesztése.... hiszen ezért jött létre... vagy ha nem, akkor a letöltése is csak pénz ellenében lenne, külön felhasználási kötelmekkel és feltételekkel... de itt ehhez, kinek, melyik alkotónak volna joga?

Edited by desypage

In response to post #39675940. #39677215, #39679030, #39680875, #39683735, #39684460, #39688180, #39690275, #39694390, #39705550, #39731905, #39746910, #39763900 are all replies on the same post.

@Dark0ne

<edit>
@crimsonhawk87,

Kregen wrote: Well actualy I suggested that Dark0ne and crew run beths own site not make nexus the new beth site. I agree it would be very undesirable for beth to own nexus out right. An independant option is always a good thing, monopolies cause stagnation.
soadivine wrote: or they could just pay modders lump sums for mod packages they can use for dlc. not that i want to pay out the yahoo but i dont mind supporting stuff i love.

@kevindad1: They don't want to just team up with Nexus because they can't control it. The Nexus is a privately owned site, and Bethesda would have no ability to control the moderators, or even what mods can and cannot be uploaded, or how they are downloaded.

First off I wanted add my thanks to the nexus staff for making this resource and allowing the total computer illiterates like myself to have an easy and straight forward way to download and install mods to Skyrim. This makes the game so much better. A question which I hope is appropriate for here. I apologize if I don't have the concept right but all the mods on the nexus are made to the 32 bit version of the Skyrim esm master (or Dawnguard, or Hearthfire or Dragonborn masters for that matter). The Skyrim Special Edition will have a 64 bit Skyrim esm master? Does that mean that all mods that were something other than texture or nif replacers would not work anymore with the 64 bit master if they were made for the 32 bit master? Or does that only apply to mods with scripts? For example would AFT work with the 64 bit master if it was made for the 32 bit master? I guess would all my old mods work if I upgraded to Skyrim Special Edition? Or only certain categories of them? Would NMM still work? It would be a tremendous amount of effort for the nexus team and modders to have to retool every mod to be compatible with 64 bit masters if that were the case, A tip of my hat to you all.