Nexus Mod Manager focus group needs more help

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #40062970. #40149450, #40153265 are all replies on the same post.

dotDemu wrote: I have a problem with my NMM. It won't show any Mod Updates.
Am I the only one with this problem or is there a fix for that?
mistab wrote: same issue here, man.

Came onto this thread specifically to see if it's a known bug or not
EraserArts wrote: It's a known bug and should be fixed next patch, https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-56660-file-version-updateing/

thanks for the info dude

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #40062970. #40149450, #40153265, #40323360 are all replies on the same post.

EraserArts wrote: It's a known bug and should be fixed next patch, https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-56660-file-version-updateing/
mistab wrote: thanks for the info dude

[re: version 0.61.23]
I can confirm. (and nice spotting, by the way :) )

I just realised the updates weren't showing when I came across an update for one of the map-zoom programs on the site, but noticed the update wasn't marked in NMM.

In response to post #40062970. #40149450, #40153265, #40323360, #40393740 are all replies on the same post.

mistab wrote: thanks for the info dude
RealmEleven wrote: [re: version 0.61.23]
I can confirm. (and nice spotting, by the way :) )

I just realised the updates weren't showing when I came across an update for one of the map-zoom programs on the site, but noticed the update wasn't marked in NMM.

Please patch this so my mods can update... waiting is killer....

In response to post #40402250.

HaltOCarrick wrote: Those who just started modding should use Mod Organizer. It is a time saver.

Of course, use NMM if you're more experienced and know how modding works.

Hey, how many threads are there on the Mod Organizer GITHUB page telling people to use NMM instead?

This thread is specifically for NMM

Those who just started modding should use Mod Organizer. It is a time saver.

Of course, use NMM if you're more experienced and know how modding works.

Uh no. Those that just started should use NMM. The experienced ones can look at mo and try it if they want. Now that is out of the way, stop telling people about MO on a thread that is about discussing NMM features, not discussing if NMM is better than MO.

In response to post #40227615. #40285145 is also a reply to the same post.

turulo wrote: Ok! Simple UI Feature List That Should Be Easy To Add:

- Disable Full Width Column Auto Size (also know as enable the horizontal scrollbar)
- Filter Mod Entries by Column Values (not the current filter that is not useful)
- My favorite would be filter-out mods that are not activated.
- Allow hiding columns
- F2: Should rename an entry
- Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctr+X, Shift-Insert, Shift-Delete while editing an entry name should paste/cut/copy in the entry name and not paste garbage.
- When adding a mod downloaded from the site it should go always to the same category (chosen by user and not to a random category)

- Repeated names like this are not useful: "Singing Settler - Singing Settler". (The mod is mandatory thou :) )
phalen wrote: ^ all of this

and especially this: disable the full width colum auto size.

it is incredibly annoying, especially when most mods have such long file names.

Another one:

- When performing a long task (such as uninstalling a huge mod) it should show a progress bar indicating that it's doing something and that you should wait. I would put such progress bar in the status bar and would try to put something like " Deleted 122 of 20000 files..."

- Pressing Ctrl+C in the DownloadMonitorControl will crash NMM if there are no items focused in the list. Edited by turulo

I'm sure this has been touched on before, but please, for the love of all that is good and unholy in the world, get rid of the chaos caused by the hard-linking wacky way the current version works. It's a nightmare. At the very least give us the option of a mode that works just like the old one did; installs actual files where they belong. I don't really care, at all, if that means it takes slightly longer to activate and / or deactivate mods. What I do care about is that when I get a game modded and working exactly as I like I can back it up and / or restore it easily and properly, understand where the damn files actually are, not worry about deleting files in directories completely unrelated to the game, etc. etc. etc. It all worked just fine before, and it's a pain in the arse now...

Other than that I've actually had relatively few issues with NMM over the years. Occasional bugs, sure, but in general it's been pretty solid for me and an excellent tool.

Edited by Mr_SpongeWorthy

All I want from a new NMM is a little button or keyboard shortcut to expand all mod categories. Whenever I start NMM it's the same routine: Scroll down and click on the very bottom category - tap right arrow, up arrow, right arrow, up arrow, right arrow, up arrow.... until I get to the very top.

The nexus mod manager is working fine as it is at this moment. And yet I like to see the option that you can move mods up or down in the load order and at the same time see which mod overrules the other mods just like Mod Organizer v2 (3732) does, this so you can move the mods till the combination of mods work like you like them. I have installed and activated http://s32.postimg.org/jjr74g7dx/Mods_and_plugins_count2.png and I can us NMM by using LOOT (5310) to organize and FO4edit FO4edit to make a merge patch of ali the conflicted mods after that and it works. but it would be handy if some of these option I mentioned and more tool liker options for modders where incorporated with the NMM so you don't have to download them separately. Edited by Dragonetti